This comprehensive guide offers detailed instructions on configuring your Google Cloud Account to utilize the powerful ‘Speech-to-Text Transcriptions’ feature. By diligently following the upcoming steps, you will seamlessly establish your Google Cloud Platform account, enable essential APIs and Services, create a storage bucket, and generate the required service account credentials. Upon completing these setup tasks, you can store your transcriptions within your designated cloud storage bucket. Embark on this journey to unlock the full potential of Google Cloud’s ‘Speech-to-Text Transcriptions’ with unparalleled precision and efficiency.
Step 1: Signing up for a Google Cloud Platform Account #
- Open a web browser of your choice and enter the URL: https://console.cloud.google.com/. On the Google Cloud Platform page, click the Sign In button to get redirected to the Google Sign-in page.
- Enter your Gmail account credentials to log in, and click Next to continue.
- From the Country dropdown list, select your country.
- Check the Terms of Service checkbox and click Continue to proceed further.
- In the Customer Info section, enter your account type, tax information, name and address details, and payment method.
- Finally, click on Start My Free Trial.
Step 2: Creating a Project #
- In the navigation menu, click on Credentials and select Create Project.
- On the New Project page, the project name will be automatically populated.
- If desired, click on Edit to modify the project name and click Create to proceed.
Once a project is created, the project name cannot be changed.
Step 3: Opening the Project #
- Once the project is created, navigate to the Dashboard in the home menu and click on Select Project.
- In the Select A project field, enter the name of the desired project. From the search results, identify your project and click to open it.
Step 4: Enabling APIs and Services #
- In the home menu, hover over APIs & Services and click on Dashboard.
- On the Dashboard page, click on Enable APIs and Services.
- In the API Library section, search for Cloud Speech-to-Text API and select it.
- Click on Enable to activate the API. The API-enabled icon will now be displayed.
- Repeat the same process for the Cloud Storage API.
Once an API is enabled, you will see a “Manage” button and an “API enabled” icon.
Step 5: Creating a Storage Bucket #
- In the home menu, hover over Storage and click on Browser.
- On the toolbar, click on Create Bucket.
- Enter a name for the new storage bucket in the Name Your Bucket field.
- Select the desired options and click Create.
Step 6: Creating and Downloading Service Account Credentials #
- In the home menu, hover over APIs & Services and then click on Credentials.
- On the toolbar, click on Create Credentials and select Service account.
- On the Service Accounts page, enter the service account name, service account ID, and service account description in the Service Account Details section and click Create to proceed.
- Click Continue and then click Done.
The newly created service account should now be visible in the “Service Accounts” section.
- In the Service Accounts section, click the Manage Service Accounts link and search for the desired service account.
- Click the Actions button for the desired service account and select Create Key.
- In the Create Private Key popup, choose JSON as the key type and click Create.
- Click Close to close the Confirmation Message box.
The file will be downloaded to your local system.