- Features of 3CX Caller ID
- Step By Step Installation Procedure
- Web Portal
- Login Page:
- User Privileges
- Caller IDs Screen
- Numbers Screen
- Agents Screen
- Settings Screen
3CX Caller ID gives you complete Control Over Your Outbound ID Number. The application temporarily changes your extension’s outbound caller ID number making it simple for your call center agents to select the desired caller ID number before placing a call.
The selected caller ID may represent a specific organization or geographical region. Regardless of the purpose, you have complete control over your outbound caller ID number.
For example, to make calls on behalf of an organization, you can make the agent’s outbound Caller ID reflect the phone number of the selected organization. And, if your agent calls customers of a specific geographical region, you can match the caller ID with that of the customer’s region.
Features of 3CX Caller ID #
|Revert automatically||To call customers from other regions, you can set your caller ID, make calls, and revert to your default Caller ID.|
|Organize||Whether you need to organize your DIDs by customer name, or geographical region, you have complete control of the numbers presented to your agents.|
|Web App||You need to install the web application and access it from anywhere with the device of your choice.|
|Appear Local||When calling potential customers, ensuring your caller ID is local to the region you are calling results in better answer rates.|
Before installing 3CX Caller ID, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below:
- 3CX Version V18
- Windows 10 or above / Windows Server 2012 or above
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or above (Including the free SQL Express edition)
- Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.0 or above
- .Net 4.7.2 or above
- Port number 7450 opened on your device.
- When installing SQL Server, we recommend you install it in “Mixed Mode” to include SQL Authentication, and install SQL Management Studio
- When installing IIS, be sure to install Basic Authentication, .Net Extensibility, and ASP.Net 4.X
|Download software||You can order ‘3CX CallerID’ online at https://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.|
|Install Prerequisites||Several prerequisites must be installed before installing ‘3CX CallerID’. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server|
|Install 3CX Caller ID||This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install ‘3CX CallerID’. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named 3CXCallerIDInstaller.exe|
|Register your License Key||You must register your license key to activate 3CX Emergency Notifier. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.|
Step By Step Installation Procedure #
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process:
Step 1: Download 3CX Caller ID #
- Find the software download link in the Order Confirmation Email, or you can find it in your order history on our website and download the 3CX Caller ID application.
- In the Microsoft Defender SmartScreen, click the More Info option.
- Click the Run Anyway option to start the installation.
Step 2: Install Prerequisites #
Click on the software installer that was downloaded in Step 1 above. The installation wizard will automatically identify the needed prerequisites and assist you with the installation of the prerequisites needed to run the ‘3CX Caller ID’. These include .NET Framework (Web Installer), SQL Server Express (Web Installer), and, SQL Server Management Studio.
- Click the downloaded installer executable to launch the Prerequisites Setup Wizard and click Next.
- In the Prerequisites window, the installer will identify the missing prerequisites. You must install all the required conditions. However, you can select/unselect the applications to be installed based on your unique requirements. Click Next to continue.
The installer will download and install the selected applications.
- The Microsoft SQL Server License Terms page gets displayed if you install SQL Server Express. Click Accept to acknowledge the license terms and continue.
- In the Media Location field, browse to change the location and click Install to begin the installation of SQL Server Express.
- Click Close when you install the prerequisites.
Installation is in progress. It may take several minutes to complete the installation.
- Click Yes in the Confirmation Message Box to reboot the computer.
Step 3: Start the installation process #
- After all the prerequisites are installed, the 3CX Caller ID Setup Wizard appears. Click Next to Continue.
- On the Select Installation Folder window, the Folder field displays the location where the ‘3CX Caller ID’ will be installed. Note that you cannot change the path.
- Click Next to continue with the installation.
Step 4: Test Relay Settings #
- In the 3CX Relay Services window, in the Relay Host field, enter the FQDN of your 3CX server.
- Enter 8801 in the Relay Port field.
- Enter the public key you took from VoIPTools Relay services in the Public Key text area.
- Click the Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Queues Wallboard’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
- If the ‘3CX Queues Wallboard’ is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK. If the test fails, you will not be able to continue until communication with the relay is established.
- Click Next to continue with the installation.
If the test was unsuccessful:
- confirm you have the correct firewall port open (default TCP 8801) on the 3CX server and the firewall protecting the 3CX server.
- confirm that you have entered the correct IP address / FQDN for the 3CX server.
- confirm that 3CX Caller ID and the Relay are using the same port and protocol.
Step 5: Configure the database #
When configuring 3CX Caller ID, select an existing Microsoft SQL Server instance in your environment. The database server can be a remote SQL Server (How-to configure SQL Server to permit remote connections), or a local instance running on the VoIPTools server.
- On the SQL Database window, in the Server field, select the desired instance of SQL Server
We encourage you to use SQL Authentication rather than Windows authentication. Many of our tools leverage a Call Flow Designer (CFD) application running on the 3CX. Frequently our CFD applications require access to a SQL database. If the 3CX server and the database server are not in an Active Directory domain, Windows authentication will fail. To use SQL authentication, your SQL Server must be configured to run in “Mixed Mode”. If you installed SQL Server with one of our tools, we configure SQL in “Mixed Mode”.
- To use SQL Authentication, be sure to uncheck the Trusted Connection checkbox.
- In the Username and Password fields, enter valid SQL login account credentials
- To use Windows Integrated Authentication (not recommended), check the Trusted Connection (Windows integrated authentication) checkbox.
- In the Database field, the installer will automatically display the default database name. We encourage you to use the default name. If you are upgrading or reinstalling 3CX Caller ID, select the existing database name from the list.
- Click the Test Sql Connection button to confirm connectivity to SQL Server and then click Next to continue.
Step 6: Installing 3CX Caller ID #
- In the Ready to Install window, click Install to start the installation of the ‘3CX Caller ID’.
The application installation progresses.
- Once the installation is complete, check Launch 3CX Caller ID check box and then click Finish. The 3CX Caller ID configuration screen opens. If you want to close the installer without opening the configuration screen, then uncheck Launch 3CX Caller ID check box and then click Finish.
Step 7: Register your Software #
Registration is required to authorize your license key. Following are the advantages of registering with VoIPTools,
- Helps VoIPTools provide a replacement key if your license key is ever lost.
- Lets VoIPTools notify you of any product updates, and reminders if your key is reaching the renewal date.
Follow the procedure to register with the application,
- Double-click the Caller ID desktop icon on your desktop.
- On the Login page, log in with valid credentials.
- In the License tab and the License Key field, enter the valid license key.
- Enter appropriate details in all the other fields of the page.
- Click Register to complete the Caller ID registration.
When registering as a User, only the Caller IDs tab and the About tab are visible. The License tab disappears when registration is successful.
- The license key permits you to install this software on one computer. This is not free software.
Web Portal #
To access the ‘3CX CallerID’ web portal, click the Web Portal button on the configuration program, or click on the desktop icon that was created during the installation process (‘3CX CallerID’ Web).
Login Page: #
When connecting to the web portal, you will be asked to provide login credentials.
- In the Extension field, enter your 3CX extension number.
- In the PIN field, enter your 3CX voicemail PIN.
- Click the Login button to log in to your account.
User Privileges #
In 3CX Console Management, an extension in a group will have ‘Manager’ privileges if you assign a ‘Manager’ role or will have ‘User’ privileges if you assign a ‘User’ role.
Manager privileges #
Agent privileges #
Caller IDs Screen #
The Caller IDs screen lets you update the existing outbound Caller ID for the logged-in user’s extension and manually update the outbound caller id for the logged-in user’s extension.
Update Existing Outbound Caller ID for Logged-in User’s Extension #
- Log in to the 3CX Caller ID web portal as an agent.
- In the Caller IDs screen and from the Numbers drop-down, select the franchise whose extension you want to apply to your outbound caller ID.
Once applied, the system displays the successfully updated message
Manually Update Outbound Caller ID for Logged-in User’s Extension #
- In the Manual Number field, enter the desired number manually with which you want to update the ‘Outbound Caller ID’ for the logged-in user in the 3CX Console Management.
- Beside the Manual Number field, click the Update button to update the login extension with the new manual CallerID. The Manual Number field displays the manual Caller ID.
You cannot revert manual number.
Revert Back To Agent Default Caller ID #
Reverting a caller ID for an agent will revert it back to the ‘Agent Caller ID’ (specified in the Agents tab). If the agent is not assigned any Caller ID, then the application takes the Default CallerID (specified in the Settings tab) of the extension group to which the agent belongs.
- In the Caller IDs screen, beside the Numbers drop-down, click the Revert button.
- Once the revert process is successful, the system displays the successfully reverted message and the outbound caller id of the extension.
Every agent must have a default Caller ID (Agents tab) else Caller ID will not be reverted.
Numbers Screen #
The Numbers screen displays Caller ID and Franchise details based on the selection of desired extension group.
Add a Franchise #
- In the Numbers screen and from the Extension Group Name dropdown list, select the desired extension group to which you want to add a new franchise.
- In the column header, click Add button. Enter the data on the new row that appears.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the new franchise.
- In the Number field, enter the ‘Caller ID Number’ for the new franchise.
- At the footer of the screen, click the Cancel button to cancel or click the Save button to save the new franchise to the selected extension group.
Delete Existing Franchise #
- In the Numbers screen, click the Delete button beside the franchise you want to delete.
- Click OK on the confirmation message box.
Agents Screen #
The Agents screen maintains agent extensions and their respective default Caller IDs.
Edit Caller ID #
- In the Agents screen and in the Caller ID column, click the ‘Caller ID’ field of the respective agent. The system enables you to enter the latest ID.
- In the footer of the Agents screen, click the Cancel button to cancel or click the Save button to save the new Caller ID.
Add/Remove Agent #
- On the menu bar, click Agents.
- In the Agents screen, below tab bar, select Add/Remove Agents from the 3CX check box.
On checking the check box, the ‘Agents’ screen displays list of all the agents from 3CX.
- Click OK on the Success message.
- Refresh the screen to see the updated names in the Name column.
When you choose to update ‘Agent Names’ from 3CX, the system updates the values for all the Agents.
Settings Screen #
Hover over the mouse on the Settings tab to display the drop-down menu with the following menu options:
Caller Settings #
The Caller Settings screen enables you to:
- Select desired extension group for identifying the users as agents or managers.
- Configure ‘Default CallerID’ for the selected extension group.
Reverting a Caller ID (from the Caller IDs screen) for a specific extension group will revert to its respective ‘Default CallerID’ (as configured in the Caller Settings screen).
Customers can work with same agents in multiple groups without any need of removing agents from existing groups and adding to required groups.
Follow the steps to configure the Caller Settings,
- Hover over the mouse on the Settings tab and from the drop-down menu, select the Caller Settings option.
- In the Caller Settings screen, from the Extension Group Name: drop-down, select the desired extension group.
- The Select Default CallerID drop-down lists all the Caller IDs associated with the Extension Group that you have just selected. Select the desired Caller ID from the list to make it a Default Caller ID for the extension group that you have just selected.
- Click Save and click OK on the Info message box.
Hide Manual Number #
This feature enables you to hide ‘Manual Number’ in the CallerID screen so that the user can access/ update only existing outbound caller id extension.
This feature is available only in ‘Version 16.0’ of ‘3CX Caller ID’ application.
- Check Hide Manual Number checkbox and then click the Save button.
Navigate to the CallerID screen and you should now be able to see only the Number field.
Site Settings #
Site Settings enable you to customize branding settings for the application that includes the following:
- Customize the gradient color of the ‘Application Header’
- Customize grid color in screens that display grid data
- Customize the logo on the ‘Application Header’
- Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ on the ‘Application Header’
Instructions For Custom Brand Settings
- Hover over the mouse on the Settings tab and select Site Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Perform any of the desired customizations and click the Apply button to save your customizations.
Customize Application Title Header – Gradient Color #
- In the Header Colour section do the following,
- Select the top paint from the Top Colour palette.
- Select the bottom paint from the Bottom Colour colour palette.
- Click Apply to Save the settings.
Customize Grid Color #
- From the Grid Color palette, select the colour that you want to display for the grid on screens that display grid data
- Click Apply to save your settings.
Customize Logo #
- If you are uploading the logo for the first time then,
- In the Custom Logo section, click Choose File button to choose a logo from your device.
- Select the uploaded logo from the Select Logo dropdown list.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
- If you have uploaded the logo,
- Select the uploaded logo from the Select Logo dropdown list.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ Text #
- In the Header Title field, enter the text that you want the application to display as a ‘prefix’ for the existing title in the application header.
- Click Apply to save the header title prefix.
The final result of the page when you do all the customizations,
Visit our website to access our online manuals and receive quick answers to most of your questions. Otherwise, you can contact us by phone, email, live chat, and on the VoIPTools forums.
Support Hours (USA and India) #
Our team is ready to assist you with answers to your technical questions and we now offer 24/7, 365 days a year.
Windows Event Log (Applications and Services VoIPTools) #
The Windows Event Log lists various errors, information messages and warnings related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. The data here can be used for troubleshooting various application errors.
Our forum is intended for VoIPTools customers to collaborate on real-life challenges, solutions, and best practices. You can participate on our forum at: https://www.voiptools.com/community/
Submit a Bug #
If you suspect a bug in any of our VoIPTools products, you can bring it to our notice by reporting your issue at: https://www.voiptools.com/report-a-bug/
Live Chat #
Our chat support team is ready to acknowledge your queries in real time. You can start a live chat with us by simply clicking on the Live Chat button at the lower right corner of our web page.
You can email us at: email@example.com. Be sure to describe your issue in detail. We’ll reply within one business day of receiving your request.
You can call us at +1 801-642-4655 to reach a representative. VoIPTools will accept calls at this number from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
Support Services #
Free Support: #
If you purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, your Partner will provide first-level support. Partners have access to 100% free technical support, provided they participate actively in the troubleshooting process.
VoIPTools customers have access to our online manuals and we will respond to emails (next business day) and live chat, but we will not login to your servers remotely.
Paid Support: #
If you purchase “Installation Support’ our support team can log in to your servers and install and configure all our tools for you. This includes installing SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if required. Our team will work with you to configure our applications to best meet your needs.