- Step By Step Installation Procedure
- 3CX Recording Beep Web Portal
In today’s business landscape, it’s crucial for small business owners like you to empower yourselves with call recording systems. By incorporating a beep tone generator into your recorded phone calls, you can ensure legal compliance and demonstrate courtesy to your customers. That’s where VoIPTools comes in with the innovative 3CX Recording Beep.
With 3CX Recording Beep, you can insert an audible beep into your recording phone calls. Its primary purpose is to initially alert and then prompt the call participants at regular intervals about the ongoing call recording. By using this feature, you ensure that all callers are fully aware that their conversation is being recorded.
This proactive approach not only keeps you in line with legal requirements for phone recording in various U.S. states and other countries but also showcases your commitment to transparency and customer satisfaction. By utilizing 3CX Recording Beep, you demonstrate your dedication to maintaining the highest standards of professionalism and compliance.
Key features #
|CALL RECORDING NOTIFICATION||Voiptools Recording Beep provides you with a clear and audible indication that your conversation is being recorded. This feature ensures transparency and compliance with applicable laws and regulations regarding call recording.|
|CUSTOMIZABLE INITIAL DELAY||You can configure the delay (in seconds) before the first beep is played.|
|BEEP FREQUENCY SETTINGS||You can choose whether to play the beep only once or throughout the call at a specified interval (in seconds).|
|PARTICIPANT AWARENESS||The beep serves as a reminder to you that your conversation is being recorded. It helps create awareness and promotes mindful communication during the call, which can be especially useful in sensitive or confidential conversations.|
|LEGAL COMPLIANCE||You can meet legal requirements by being notified of the recording, reducing the risk of legal issues related to unauthorized or undisclosed call recording.|
How does it work? #
When your phone call starts recording, the 3CX Recording Beep waits for the specified initial delay (in seconds) and then emits an audible beep to alert both you and the other participant to the ongoing call recording. If you have chosen the option to play the beep just once, this will be the final beep for the call. However, if you have opted to play the beep throughout the call, the 3CX Recording Beep will consistently emit the beep at the predetermined frequency (in seconds) until the call ends.
Before you begin with the installation steps mentioned in this guide, make sure that your computer meets the minimum requirements stated below for installing 3CX Recording Beep.
- 3CX Version V18 (Professional or Enterprise Version Only)
- Windows 10 or above / Windows Server 2012 or above
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or above (Including the free SQL Express edition)
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.0 or above
- .Net 4.7.2 or above
- When installing SQL Server, we recommend that you install it in “Mixed Mode” to include SQL Authentication and install SQL Management Studio.
- When you install IIS, make sure to install Basic Authentication, .Net Extensibility, and ASP.Net 4.X.
|Download software||There are several prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing ‘3CX Recording Beep’. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server|
|Install Prerequisites||There are several prerequisites that must be installed before installing ‘3CX Recording Beep’. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server|
|Install 3CX Recording Beep||This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install ‘3CX Recording Beep’. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named 3CXRecordingBeepInstaller.exe|
|Register your License Key||You must register your license key to activate ‘3CX Recording Beep’. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.|
Step By Step Installation Procedure #
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process.
Step 1: Download 3CX Recording Beep #
- Find the software download link in the Order Confirmation Email, or you can find it in your order history on our website and download the 3CX Recording Bee application.
- In the Microsoft Defender SmartScreen, click the More Info option.
- Click the Run Anyway option to start the installation.
Step 2: Install the Prerequisites #
Click on the software installer downloaded in Step 1. The installation wizard will automatically identify the prerequisites and assist you with each installation required to 3CX Recording Beep. It includes .NET Framework (Web Installer), SQL Server Express (Web Installer), and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Click the downloaded installer executable to launch the Prerequisites Setup Wizard and click Next.
2. In the Prerequisites window, install all the required prerequisites identified by the installer, or select/ unselect the applications based on your requirements and click Next to continue.
The installer will download and install the selected applications. It may take several minutes to complete.
- The Microsoft SQL Server License Terms page gets displayed if you install SQL Server Express. Click Accept to acknowledge the license terms and continue.
- In the Media Location field, browse to change the location and click Install to begin the installation of SQL Server Express.
- Click Close when you install the prerequisites.
Installation is in progress. It may take several minutes to complete the installation.
- Click Yes in the Confirmation Message Box to reboot the computer.
Step 3: Start the installation process #
- Click Next on the 3CX Recording Beep Setup Wizard screen.
- On the Select Installation Folder window, the Folder field displays the path where the 3CX Recording Beep gets installed. You cannot change the location path.
- Click Next to continue with the installation.
Step 4: Test Relay Settings #
- In the 3CX Relay Services window, in the Relay Host field, enter the FQDN of your 3CX server.
- Enter 8801 in the Relay Port field.
- Enter the public key you took from VoIPTools Relay services in the Public Key text area.
- Click the Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Recording Beep’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
- If the ‘3CX Recording Beep’ is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK. If the test fails, you will not be able to continue until communication with the relay is established.
- Click Next to continue with the installation.
- You must set the Relay Port to 8801.
- If the Relay test fails, you cannot continue the installation until you establish communication with the Relay. If the test was unsuccessful confirm the following,
- Confirm you have the correct firewall port open (default TCP 8801) on the 3CX server and the firewall protecting the 3CX server.
- Confirm that you have entered the correct FQDN for the 3CX server.
- Confirm that the 3CX Recording Beep and Relay use the same port and protocol.
Step 5: Configure the database #
When configuring 3CX Recording Beep, select an existing Microsoft SQL Server instance in your environment. The database server can be a remote SQL Server (How-to configure SQL server to permit remote connections (https://www.voiptools.com/configure-sql-server-for-remote-access-over-internet/)) or a local instance running on the VolPTools server.
- On the SQL Database window in the Server field, select the desired instance of SQL Server.
- To use SQL Authentication, uncheck the Trusted Connection checkbox.
- In the Username and Password fields, enter valid SQL login account credentials.
- We recommend you use SQL Authentication rather than Windows authentication. Many of our tools leverage a Call Flow Designer (CFD) application running on the 3CX. Frequently our CFD applications require access to a SQL database. If the 3CX server and the database server are not in an Active Directory domain, Windows authentication will fail.
- To use SQL Authentication, you must configure the SQL server to run in Mixed Mode. If you install SQL Server with our tools, we configure SQL in Mixed Mode.
- To use Windows Integrated Authentication (not recommended), check the Trusted Connection (Windows integrated authentication) checkbox.
In the Database field, the installer will automatically display the default database name. We encourage you to use the default name. To upgrade or reinstall 3CX Recording Beep, select the current database name from the list.
- Click the Test SQL Connections buttons to confirm connectivity to SQL Server. and click OK on the Test Results message box.
Step 6: Installing 3CX Recording Beep #
- Click Install in the Ready to Install window.
The application installation may take several minutes to complete.
- Check the Launch 3CX Recording Beep checkbox and click Finish when the installation is complete.
Step 7: Register your Software (License tab) #
Registration is required to enable your software. Registering also makes it possible for VoIPTools to provide a replacement key if your license key is ever lost. Also, it enables VoIPTools to notify you of any product updates, and reminders if your key is reaching the renewal date.
Follow the steps to register your software,
- Click the 3CX Recording Beep desktop icon when the installation is successfully done.
- In the Login page, enter your login credentials.
- On the top menu click the Licence tab.
- Enter your License Key and other mandatory information and click the Register button to register your software.
The license key permits you to install this software on one computer. This is not free software.
3CX Recording Beep Web Portal #
The ‘3CX Recording Beep’ web portal lets you to register software, configure beep options for desired groups and the desired types of calls, and start/stop the ‘3CX Recording Beep’ service.
Login Page #
When connecting to the web portal, you will be asked to provide login credentials.
- In the Extension field, enter your 3CX extension number
- In the PIN field, enter your 3CX voicemail PIN.
- Click the Login button to log in to your account
The Web application has the following tabs,
Settings tab #
The Settings tab enables you to configure beep settings for the desired group, and for the desired type of calls like Queue Calls/Inbound/Outbound calls. You can also configure the beep settings to play only once or as per the configured frequency.
|Group Name||Select the group to play the beep sound.|
|Inbound||Plays beep only for inbound calls.|
|Outbound||Plays beep only for outbound calls|
|Queue||Select this box and play the beep only once. Or, uncheck the option if you want to play the beep periodically as per the configured frequency (in secs)|
If you check the Play Once check box, then the ‘3CX Recording Beep’ will beep only once according to the configured Initial Delay (in secs) irrespective of how long the call lasts for.
If you uncheck the Play Once check box, then the ‘3CX Recording Beep’ will beep initially as per the configured Initial Delay settings and then, continues to beep periodically as per the configured Frequency settings until as long as the call lasts for.
|Play Once||Set the number of times the beep has to be played during a call. This field gets disabled when you select the Play Once box.|
|Frequency||Set the number of times the beep has to be played during a call. This field gets disables when you select the Play Once box.|
|Initial Delay||The beep sound plays after the set initial delay ( in seconds).|
|Extension||Extension number of the digital receptionist.|
|Digital Receptionist||Name of the digital receptionist|
Once you edit any of the beep settings in the Settings screen, you should restart the ‘3CX Recording Beep Service’ in order to apply the changes.
About tab: #
The About tab has basic information about VoIP Tools and contact details to reach out if you have any questions.
Ensure that you have the updated version installed.
Visit our website to access our online manuals and receive quick answers to most of your questions. Otherwise, you can contact us by phone, email, live chat and on the VoIPTools forums.
Support Hours (USA and India) #
Our team is ready to assist you with answers to your technical questions and we now offer 24/7, 365 days a year.
Windows Event Log (Applications and Services VoIPTools) #
The Windows Event Log lists various errors, information messages and warnings related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. The data here can be used for troubleshooting various application errors.
Our forum is intended for VoIPTools customers to collaborate on real-life challenges, solutions and best practices. You can participate on our forum at: https://www.voiptools.com/community/
Submit a Bug #
If you suspect a bug in any of our VoIPTools products, you can bring it to our notice by reporting your issue at: https://www.voiptools.com/report-a-bug/
Live Chat #
Our chat support team is ready to acknowledge your queries in real time. You can start a live chat with us by simply clicking on the Live Chat button at the lower right corner of our web page.
You can email us at: email@example.com. Be sure to describe your issue in detail. We’ll get back to you within one business day of receiving your request.
You can call us at +1 801-642-4655 to reach a representative. VoIPTools will accept calls at this number from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
Support Services #
Free Support: #
If you have purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, your Partner will provide first-level support. They have access to 100% free technical support, as long as they actively participate in the troubleshooting process.
As a VoIPTools customer, you have access to our online manuals, and we will respond to your emails within the next business day. We also offer live chat support. However, please note that we do not provide remote server login assistance.
Paid Support: #
If you purchase “Installation Support,” our support team can log in to your servers and install and configure all our tools for you. This includes installing SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if required. Our team will work with you to configure our applications to best meet your needs.