- Step by Step Installation Procedure
- 3CX Auto Logout Configuration Screen
“3CX Auto Logout” monitors whether a queue agent has missed multiple consecutive calls. If the permitted number of missed calls is exceeded, the service will automatically log the agent out of the queue.
If an agent forgets to log out of a queue before leaving their desk, having their phone ring with nobody there to answer: (1) needlessly increases the hold time for callers, (2) increases the noise levels in the office, and (3) negatively impacts 3CX statistical reports.
Before installing ‘3CX Auto Logout’, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below:
- 3CX Version V16 and V18 (Windows Only)
- Windows 10 or above / Windows Server 2012 or above
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 or above (Including the free SQL Express edition) (Instructions)
- Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.0 or above (Instructions)
- .Net 4.7.2 or above
- When installing SQL Server, we recommend you install it in “Mixed Mode” to include SQL Authentication, and install SQL Management Studio
- When installing IIS, be sure to install Basic Authentication, .Net Extensibility, and ASP.Net 4.X
You can order ‘3CX Auto Logout’ on-line at https://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.
There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing ‘3CX Auto Logout’. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server
Install 3CX Auto Logout
This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install ‘3CX Auto Logout’. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named 3CXAutoLogoutInstaller.exe
Register your License Key
You must register your license key to activate ‘3CX Auto Logout’. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.
Step by Step Installation Procedure #
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process.
Step 1: Download 3CX Auto Logout #
- Find the software download link in the Order Confirmation Email, or you can find it in your order history on our website and download the 3CX Auto Logout application.
- In the Microsoft Defender SmartScreen, click the More Info option.
- Click the Run Anyway option to start the installation.
Step 2: Install the Prerequisites #
Click on the software installer downloaded in Step 1. The installation wizard will automatically identify the prerequisites and assist you with each installation required to 3CX Auto Logout. It includes .NET Framework (Web Installer), SQL Server Express (Web Installer), and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Click the downloaded installer executable to launch the Prerequisites Setup Wizard and click Next.
- In the Prerequisites window, install all the required prerequisites identified by the installer, or select/ unselect the applications based on your requirements and click Next to continue.
The installer will download and install the selected applications. It may take several minutes to complete.
- The Microsoft SQL Server License Terms page gets displayed if you install SQL Server Express. Click Accept to acknowledge the license terms and continue.
- In the Media Location field, browse to change the location and click Install to begin the installation of SQL Server Express.
- Click Close when you install the prerequisites.
Installation is in progress. It may take several minutes to complete the installation.
- Click Yes in the Confirmation Message Box to reboot the computer.
Figure 10: Reboot confirmation message box
Step 3: Start the installation process #
- Click Next on the 3CX Auto Logout Setup Wizard screen.
- On the Select Installation Folder window, the Folder field displays the path where the 3CX Auto Logout gets installed. You cannot change the location path.
- Click Next to continue
Step 4: Test Relay Settings #
- In the 3CX Relay Services window, in the Relay Host field, enter the IP address or FQDN of your 3CX server.
- Enter 8801 in the Relay Port field.
- Enter the public key you took from VoIPTools Relay services in the Public Key text area.
- Click the Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Auto Logout’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
- If the ‘3CX Auto Logout’ is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK. If the test fails, you will not be able to continue until communication with the relay is established.
- Click Next to continue with the installation.
- You must set the Relay Port to 8801.
- If the test was unsuccessful:
- Confirm you have the correct firewall port open (default TCP 8801) on the 3CX server and the firewall protecting the 3CX server.
- Confirm that you have entered the correct IP address / FQDN for the 3CX server.
- Confirm that the 3CX Auto Logout and Relay use the same port and protocol.
If the Relay test fails, you cannot continue the installation until you establish communication with the Relay.
Step 5: Configure the database #
When configuring 3CX Auto Logout, select an existing Microsoft SQL Server instance in your environment. The database server can be a remote SQL Server (How-to configure SQL server to permit remote connections (https://www.voiptools.com/configure-sql-server-for-remote-access-over-internet/)) or a local instance running on the VolPTools server.
- On the SQL Database window in the Server field, select the desired instance of SQL Server.
- To use SQL Authentication, uncheck the Trusted Connection checkbox.
- In the Username and Password fields, enter valid SQL login account credentials.
- We recommend you use SQL Authentication rather than Windows authentication. Many of our tools leverage a Call Flow Designer (CFD) application running on the 3CX. Frequently our CFD applications require access to a SQL database. If the 3CX server and the database server are not in an Active Directory domain, Windows authentication will fail.
- To use SQL Authentication, you must configure the SQL server to run in Mixed Mode. If you install SQL Server with our tools, we configure SQL in Mixed Mode.
- To use Windows Integrated Authentication (not recommended), check the Trusted Connection (Windows integrated authentication) checkbox.
In the Database field, the installer will automatically display the default database name. We encourage you to use the default name. To upgrade or reinstall 3CX Auto Logout, select the current database name from the list.
- Click the Tool buttons to confirm connectivity to SQL Server. and click OK on the Test Results message box.
Step 6: Installing 3CX Auto Logout #
- Click Install in the Ready to Install window.
The application installation may take several minutes to complete.
- Check the Launch 3CX Auto Logout checkbox and click Finish when the installation is complete.
3CX Auto Logout Configuration Screen #
The ‘3CX Auto Logout’ configuration screen enables you to register software, configure the max missed calls and Schedule Timer, and start/stop ‘3CX Auto Logout’ service.
Register Software (License tab) #
Registration is required to enable your software. Registering also makes it possible for VoIPTools to provide a replacement key if your license key is ever lost. Also, it enables VoIPTools to notify you of any product updates, and reminders if your key is reaching the renewal date.
To register, click the icon that appears on the desktop once the installation is successfully done.
Figure 11: Software Registration
- 1. On the 3CX Auto Logout configuration screen, in the License tab, enter your registration information in all the required fields (Note the red dot denotes a required field).
- Click Register.
Note: The license key permits you to install this software on one computer. This is not free software.
Configure ‘3CX Auto Logout’ Settings (Settings tab) #
The Settings tab enables you to configure the service settings like Schedule Timer, Max Missed Calls and Logout from Specific Queues settings.
The ‘Max Missed Calls’ is the number of consecutive calls an agent can miss. As soon as the agent reaches the specified ‘Max Missed Calls’ limit in a specific queue, the ‘3CX Auto Logout’ service will automatically log the agent out of the queue.
The ‘Schedule Timer’ runs regularly at the configured time to automatically restart the ‘3CX Auto Logout Service’. Restarting the service adds any new queue agents to the list of monitored extensions.
Note: If you want to monitor newly added queue agents before the specified ‘Schedule Timer’ value has been reached, you will need to manually restart the ‘3CX Auto Logout’ service.
Figure 12: ‘3CX Auto Logout’ Settings
1. In the Settings tab, in the Max Missed Calls field, type the maximum number of consecutive calls an agent can miss.
2. In the Schedule Timer field, set the time by using the up and down arrows, to indicate when the service should be restarted. On restarting, all the previous date data will be erased and the timer will be set to zero.
For instance, if the ‘Schedule Timer’ is set to restart at 12:00 PM and ‘Max Missed Calls’ is set to 3 and by chance if an agent receives first two missed calls before 12:00 PM and third missed call after 12:00 PM then, the agent will not be logged out. This is because, the missed call received after 12:00 PM is considered as the first missed call as the date data before 12:00 PM will be erased.
3. Logout From Specified Queues checkbox:.
- a. Uncheck the check box if you want the agent to logout only from the queue that got the missed call and reached Max Missed Calls limit.
Figure 13: Uncheck: Logout From Specified Queues
- b. Check the check box if you want to select specific queues from which you want the agent to be logged out on reaching Max Missed Calls limit. If you have enabled this setting, then all the specific queues that you have selected will logout the agent on reaching Max Missed Calls limit, while those that you have unselected will not logout the agent even after reaching Max Missed Calls limit.
Figure 14: Check: Logout From Specified Queues
- c. Click Save and then click OK.
Note: Once you edit and save the Max Missed Calls or Schedule Timer values or Queues settings, the ‘3CX Auto Logout Service’ automatically restarts to apply the changes.
Start/Stop ‘3CX Auto Logout Service’ #
- To start or stop the service, at the bottom of the 3CX Auto Logout configuration screen, click the Start / Stop buttons respectively.
- Click the Refresh link to update the service status if changes were made directly in the Windows Service Snap-in.
Note: If the service status is “Unknown”, this is typically caused by the ‘3CX Auto Logout’ IIS Application Pool user having insufficient rights.
Email Configuration (Email tab) #
The Email tab enables you to configure email settings so that the ‘Auto Logout’ will send emails to notify about the logout information to both the logged out agent and the respective managers of all the groups to which the logged out agent belongs to.
Figure 15: Configure Email Settings
- Under Mail Server section, check Email Extensions check box if you want notification about the logout information to the logged out users and the managers of all the groups to which the logged out agent belongs to.
- In the Mail Server field, enter IP address or ‘Fully Qualified Domain Name’ (FQDN) of your email server. Examples: smtp.gmail.com or 192.168.1.20
- In the Port field, enter the port number. The default value is 25. For Gmail/ Google Apps use port 587
- In the Email From field, enter the email address to use as the “from” email address. Note that your SMTP server may require a valid email address be used. For example: email@example.com
- The Email Subject field, automatically displays logout information of the logged out user.
- In the Alt Email field, enter an email address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org). This is a temporary address meant to only test if the email server is working as per the set configuration.
- Check Requires Authentication check box if your mail server requires authentication to relay emails.
- Enter credentials in the User ID and Password fields. You can click button to display password characters.
- Select Requires SSL/ TLS check box if your mail server requires a secure connection – Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS) to relay email. Gmail, Google Apps and Microsoft 365 require a secure connection.
- Click Test button to confirm whether ‘3CX Auto Logout’ can send emails. For this, temporarily enter an email address in the Alt Email field and press Test button. You may need to make configuration changes to your mail server to permit the relay of emails from 3CX Auto Logout.
Visit our website to access our on-line manuals and receive quick answers to most of your questions. Otherwise, you can contact us by phone, email, live chat and on the VoIPTools forums.
Support Hours (USA and India) #
Our team is ready to assist you with answers to your technical questions and we now offer 24/7, 365 days a year.
Windows Event Log (Applications and Services VoIPTools) #
The Windows Event Log lists various errors, information messages and warnings related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. The data here can be used for troubleshooting various application errors.
Our forum is intended for VoIPTools customers to collaborate on real-life challenges, solutions and best practices. You can participate on our forum at: https://www.voiptools.com/community/
Submit a Bug #
If you suspect a bug in any of our VoIPTools products, you can bring it to our notice by reporting your issue at: https://www.voiptools.com/report-a-bug/
Live Chat #
Our chat support team is ready to acknowledge your queries in real-time. You can start a live chat with us by simply clicking on the Live Chat button at the lower right corner of our web page.
You can email us at: email@example.com. Be sure to describe your issue in detail. We’ll get back to you within one business day of receiving your request.
You can call us at +1 801-642-4655 to reach a representative. VoIPTools will accept calls at this number from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
Support Services #
Free Support: #
If you purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, your Partner will provide first level support. Partners have access to 100% free technical support, provided they participate actively in the troubleshooting process.
VoIPTools customers have access to our on-line manuals and we will respond to emails (next business day) and live chat, but we will not login to your servers remotely.
Paid Support: #
If you purchase “Installation Support’ our support team can login to your servers and install and configure all our tools for you. This includes installing SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if required. Our team will work with you to configure our applications to best meet your needs.