Unleash the Power of Custom Presence: Elevate Communication with 3CX’s Limitless Status Customization.
Experience the power of 3CX Custom Presence, which allows you to have additional statuses such as “Break,” “Project Work,” “Wrap-up,” or “Vacation” for your agents. These custom statuses indicate their availability and ensure efficient handling of incoming work items. While 3CX provides only five built-in Presence Statuses, our solution enables you to establish a unique set of statuses that align with your operational needs. With our custom interface, you can create and manage these statuses, while adhering to the restrictions set by 3CX. Take control of your communication system and optimize your workflow with 3CX Custom Presence.
Why Choose 3CX Custom Presence? #
|Monitor your agent’s availability and utilize data-driven insights to optimize productivity and workflow efficiency.
|Unlock the power of generating comprehensive reports on past presence information with our exclusive feature, unavailable in the standard 3CX package.
|MAP TO 3CX
|Align your unique status seamlessly with any of the five pre-set options to elevate your user experience. Ensure accurate and visible information within the user-friendly 3CX clients.
|Effortlessly monitor and manage your status and stay synchronized with your colleagues’ availability in real-time on a single, convenient screen. Experience the power of seamless collaboration and stay connected like never before.
Before installing ‘3CX Custom Presence Status’, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below:
- 3CX Version V18
- Windows 10 or above / Windows Server 2012 or above (64-bit)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or above (Including the free SQL Express edition)
- Microsoft .Net 4.7.2
- VoIPTools’ 3CX Relay Service installed on the 3CX server
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.0 or above
- Install .NET Core SDK. For this, go to the link https://www.microsoft.com/net/download. From the Windows section, under .NET Core, select Download .NET Core SDK. Install the software on your VoIPTools server.
- Installation on a domain controller may require additional assistance
- When installing SQL Server, we recommend you install it in “Mixed Mode” to include SQL Authentication, and install SQL Management Studio
- When installing IIS, be sure to install Basic Authentication, .Net Extensibility, and ASP.Net 4.X
Installation overview #
|You can order 3CX Custom Presence online at https://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.
|There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing the 3CX Custom Presence. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server
|INSTALL 3CX CUSTOM PRESENCE
|This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to install 3CX Custom Presence successfully. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file, then run the setup program named CustomPresence.exe
|REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE
|You must register your license key to activate 3CX Custom Presence. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.
Step By Step Installation Procedure #
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process:
Step 1: Download 3CX Custom Presence #
- Find the software download link in the Order Confirmation Email, or you can find it in your order history on our website and download the 3CX Custom Presence application.
- In the Microsoft Defender SmartScreen, click the More Info option.
- Click the Run Anyway option to start the installation.
Step 2: Install the Prerequisites #
Click on the software installer downloaded in Step 1. The installation wizard will automatically identify the prerequisites and assist you with each installation required for 3CX Custom Presence. It includes .NET Framework (Web Installer), SQL Server Express (Web Installer), and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Click the downloaded installer executable to launch the Prerequisites Setup Wizard and click Next.
- In the Prerequisites window, the installer will identify the missing prerequisites. It is important that you install all the required prerequisites. However, you can select/unselect the applications to be installed based on your unique requirements. Click Next to continue.
The installer will download and install the selected applications.
- If you have selected to install “SQL Server Express”, the Microsoft SQL Server License Terms page will display. Click Accept to acknowledge the license terms and continue.
- The Media Location field displays the SQL Server Media target location in the next window. If required, you can browse to change the location. Click Install to begin the installation of SQL Server Express.
- Once the prerequisites are installed successfully, click Close.
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio begins to install. Once the installation is complete, click Next
- In the confirmation message box, click Yes to reboot the computer.
Step 3: Start the installation process #
- After all the prerequisites are installed, the 3CX Custom Presence Setup Wizard appears. Click Next to Continue.
- On the Select Installation Folder window, the Folder field displays the location where the ‘3CX Custom Presence’ will be installed. Note that you cannot change the path.
- Click Next to continue with the installation.
Step 4: Test Relay Settings #
- In the 3CX Relay Services window, in the Relay Host field, enter the FQDN of your 3CX server.
- Enter 8801 in the Relay Port field.
- Enter the public key you took from VoIPTools Relay services in the Public Key text area.
- Click the Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Custom Presence’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
- If the ‘3CX Custom Presence’ is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK. If the test fails, you will not be able to continue until communication with the relay is established.
- Click Next to continue with the installation.
If the test was unsuccessful:
- confirm you have the correct firewall port open (default TCP 8801) on the 3CX server and the firewall protecting the 3CX server.
- confirm that you have entered the correct FQDN for the 3CX server.
- confirm that 3CX Custom Presence and the Relay are using the same port and protocol.
Step 5: Configure the database #
When configuring 3CX Custom Presence, select an existing Microsoft SQL Server instance in your environment. The database server can be a remote SQL Server, or a local instance running on the VoIPTools server.
- On the SQL Database window, in the Server field, select the desired instance of SQL Server
We encourage you to use SQL Authentication rather than Windows authentication. Many of our tools leverage a Call Flow Designer (CFD) application running on the 3CX. Frequently our CFD applications require access to a SQL database. If the 3CX server and the database server are not in an Active Directory domain, Windows authentication will fail. To use SQL authentication, your SQL Server must be configured to run in “Mixed Mode”. If you installed SQL Server with one of our tools, we configure SQL in “Mixed Mode”.
- To use SQL Authentication, be sure to uncheck the Trusted Connection checkbox.
- In the Username and Password fields, enter valid SQL login account credentials
- To use Windows Integrated Authentication (not recommended), check the Trusted Connection (Windows integrated authentication) checkbox.
- In the Database field, the installer will automatically display the default database name. We encourage you to use the default name. If you are upgrading or reinstalling 3CX Custom Presence, select the existing database name from the list.
- Click the Test SQL Connection button to confirm connectivity to SQL Server and then click OK to continue.
Step 6: Installing 3CX Custom Presence #
- In the Ready to Install window, click Install to start the installation of the ‘3CX Custom Presence’.
The application installation progresses. This may take several minutes to complete.
- Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
Step 7: Register your Software #
To ensure the authorization of your license key, it is necessary to complete the registration process. By registering with VoIPTools, you gain access to a range of benefits:
|Key Replacement Assistance
|In the unfortunate event of a lost license key, registering with VoIPTools lets us provide you with a replacement key promptly.
|Product Updates and Reminders
|By registering, you will receive timely notifications from VoIPTools regarding any product updates. Additionally, we will send reminders when your key is nearing its renewal date, ensuring uninterrupted access to our services.
Follow the procedure to register your software,
- Click the 3CX Custom Presence Status desktop icon to open the web application.
- On the Login page, do the following tasks,
- In the Extension field, enter your 3CX extension number.
- In the PIN field, enter your 3CX voicemail PIN.
- Click the Login button to log in to your account.
- In the License screen, enter your license key in the Key field and other mandatory information.
- Click Register to complete your software registration.
Once you have completed the registration, you can see all the tabs in the left side panel.
The license key permits you to install the software on one computer.
Web Portal #
Login Privileges #
3CX Custom Presence provides different screens for both users and Managers. This approach empowers managers with administrative authority, enabling oversight and specialized functionalities, while users maintain limited access, fostering security and tailored functionalities for their specific roles.
User Privileges #
As a User you can only access the Wallboard screen.
Manager Privileges #
As a Manager, you can view all the screens of the 3CX Custom Presence application.
Application Overview #
This section gives you an overview of the user interface of the web application.
|Left Side Panel – Expand/Minimise button
|This button lets you minimize the menus in the left side panel to have more space for the main content.
|Left Side Panel
|The Left Side panel consists of all the tabs in the 3CX Custom Presence.
|You can log out of the web application using the logout button.
|Support Resources Button
|You can log in using the logout button.
Left Side Panel #
The Left Side Panel consists of all the menus of the web application. You can minimize the Left Side Panel to enlarge your main content.
The Left Side Panel consists of the following tabs,
|The Wallboard screen provides 3CX managers with a visual representation of staff statuses, allowing them to monitor and track the current status of various extensions associated with specific groups
|The Status Mapping screen allows customization of statuses, allowing administrators or managers to create and align multiple custom statuses with the 5 built-in presence statuses. This feature facilitates better organization and visualization of individualized statuses, ensuring their visibility on the Wallboard screen for effective communication and tracking of staff availability.
|The Status Reports screen lets managers with appropriate access rights track and analyze agents’ time spent on specific statuses. This feature provides detailed reports showcasing individual agent data, including status duration, facilitating performance assessment, and resource allocation. It allows for exporting data in various formats for further analysis or documentation purposes.
|The Site Settings screen serves to customize the application’s branding elements. It lets users tailor the visual aspects such as header gradient color, grid color in data displays, custom logo uploads, and header title prefixes. This customization enhances the application’s appearance, aligning it with organizational branding guidelines for a cohesive user experience.
|The License screen facilitates the registration process for the 3CX Custom Presence software. Successful registration grants access to all tabs within the web application interface, enabling full functionality and usage of the software.
The Wallboard screen is a custom web page that makes it possible for your staff to see the custom status of their colleagues.
|SYSTEM ADMIN FUNCTIONS
|Select Extension Group Name
|Select Extension Group Name
|Select Extension Group Names
|Set Current Status and Notes
|Set Current Status and Notes
|Set Current Status and Notes
|Add or Update Agents From 3CX
Select ‘Extension Group Name #
Based on the selected ‘Extension Group Name’, the ‘Team Status’ grid lists associated 3CX extensions and their current status.
Set your current presence status #
Your agents can do the following in the My Status section,
- Set their current presence status in the.
- Describe their current presence status in the Notes field.
This grid will display all 3CX built-in statuses and any custom statuses.
Follow the procedure to set the current status and add notes,
- In the My Status section, select the desired status or click the link to create a new custom status.
- In the Notes section enter the notes that you want to display on the wallboard.
You can view your status and notes added to the wallboard.
Add or Update Agents From 3CX #
As a System Administrator, you can add the agents of a selected Extension Group Name from 3CX.
- Click the Add/Update Agents From 3CX box to update the agents.
- The Add/Update Agents From 3CX checkbox is exclusively visible to System Administrators.
- Changes made in extension names in the 3CX Admin Console will not reflect in the 3CX Custom Presence Status unless the System Administrator selects the Add/Update Agents From 3CX checkbox.
Status Mapping #
3CX only offers 5 built-in Presence Statuses. You can have as many custom statuses as you want, but they all have to map back to one of the 5 statuses built into 3CX. Only 3CX Admins/Managers can access the ‘Status Mapping’ screen to create or rename custom statuses.
In the Status Mapping screen, you can do the following tasks
- Add a new Custom Status
- Activate and Inactivate existing Custom Statuses.
Only ‘Active’ Custom Statuses will appear in the ‘My Status’ grid of the ‘Wallboard’ page.
Add a new status map #
Follow the procedure to add a new status map,
- In the Status Mapping tab click the Add Custom Status button.
- In the Custom Status field, enter the desired status.
- In the 3CX Status list, select the 3CX status you want to map to your custom status.
- In the Color field, select the desired color or enter the color code of your desired color to label your custom status.
- Check the Active checkbox to activate the custom status.
- Click the Save button to save your custom status.
- Click OK on the Information Saved popup.
In the Wallboard tab you can see your custom status is now added.
Activate and Inactive Custom Statuses #
You can activate the desired custom statuses to make them visible on the My Status section in the Wallboard screen.
- On the Status Mapping screen in the Active column select the desired custom statuses to display on the Wallboard screen.
- Click OK in the Information Saved message box.
You can view the selected statuses visible on the Wallboard screen.
Status Report #
Extensions with ‘Manager’ rights can access reports. The reports specify how much time each agent spent on a particular status.
Field Definitions #
|Name of the Agent
|Status of the agent
|The start time of the agent’s status
|The end time of the agent’s status
|The total duration of the agent’s status. It is the difference between the Start Time and the End Time.
|You can make notes for references.
Generate report #
Follow the procedure to generate the reports,
- In the Report Starting Time field, select the date from the calendar or enter the start date and time.
- In the Report End Timing field, select the date from the calendar or enter the end date and time.
- Click the Get Report button to generate the status report.
The following image shows a sample status report generated.
Export Report Data #
- In the Report Starting Time and Report Ending Time fields, enter the date range and then click the Get Report button.
- Once the Status Report page displays data as per the selected date range, click the desired export button to export the report data in the respective format.
- Click OK on the Success popup.
Following image represents data exported in xls. file,
The following image reporesents data exported in .CSV file,
Site Settings #
Site Settings enable you to customize branding settings for the application that include the following:
- Customize the gradient color of ‘Application Header’
- Customize grid color in screens that display grid data
- Customize logo on the ‘Application Header’
- Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ on the ‘Application Header.’
1. Customize Header Title #
- In the Header Title field, enter the text to display as a ‘prefix’ for the existing title.
2. Upload Custom Logo #
- In the Custom Logo Upload File section, click the Browse button to choose a logo from your device.
- Locate the image on your local device and either double-click the file or select it and click Open to upload the image file.
- Select the uploaded logo from the Select Logo dropdown list.
3. Customize Header Gradient Color #
- In the Header Colour section do the following,
- Select the top paint from the Top Colour color palette.
- Select the bottom paint from the Bottom Colour color palette.
4. Customize Grid Color #
- From the Grid Color palette, select the color that you want to display for the grid in screens that display grid data
The final result of the page when you do all the customizations,
Support Resources Screen #
- Click the Support Resources button on the top right of the application to open the Support Resources screen.
The Support Resources screen displays the application’s version number and the contact information of VoIPTools. Click on the link to learn about the comprehensive support provided by VoIPTools.
Need Support? #
You get quick answers to most of your inquiries in our online manual. If you prefer direct contact, we offer various support channels, including phone, email, live chat, and our helpful VoIPTools forums.
24/7 Support Availability #
Rest assured, our dedicated team is here to assist you around the clock, every day of the year. Whether you’re based in the USA or India, we’re ready to provide prompt responses to your technical queries.
Windows Event Log for VoIPTools Applications and Services #
For troubleshooting any application errors, our Windows Event Log contains a comprehensive list of error messages, warnings, and informative notes related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. It’s a valuable resource to help you pinpoint and resolve any issues you may encounter.
Real-Time Live Chat Assistance #
Got questions that need immediate answers? Our chat support team is available to assist you in real time. Just click on the Live Chat button located at the lower right corner of our website, and we’ll acknowledge your queries right away.
Efficient Email Support #
To ensure a thorough understanding of your concerns, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Describe your issue in detail, and we’ll get back to you within one business day with the support you need.
Reach Us by Phone #
If you prefer to speak with a representative directly, you can reach us at +1 801-642-4655. Our attentive team is available to take your calls from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
Free Support #
If you’ve purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, rest assured that they provide first-level support at no additional cost. Partners have access to 100% free technical assistance and actively participate in the troubleshooting process.
VoIPTools customers enjoy access to our online manuals and receive support through emails (with responses within one business day) and live chat. However, please note that we do not provide remote server login assistance.
Paid Support #
For a more hands-on experience, consider our “Installation Support” package. Our expert support team can log in to your servers, and install and configure all our tools. This comprehensive service includes setting up SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if necessary. We’ll work closely with you to tailor our applications to meet your requirements.
We’re committed to providing top-notch support to ensure your VoIPTools experience is smooth and hassle-free. Contact us today, and let us assist you in making the most of our powerful tools!