- Step By Step Installation Procedure
- Web Portal
Presence Statuses indicate whether an agent is online and available to receive incoming work items, or whether the agent is away or offline. 3CX only offers 5 built-in Presence Statuses. If more custom statuses are needed, a custom solution is required. Unfortunately, 3CX does not provide an API to add additional status. Nevertheless, we can provide custom status codes with some limitations. To offer custom status codes, we will need to provide a new user interface separate from 3CX. You can have as many custom statuses as you want, but they all have to map back to one of the 5 statuses built into 3CX. Only 3CX Admins can create or rename custom statuses.
You can order 3CX Custom Presence online at https://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.
There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing the 3CX Custom Presence. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server
|Install 3CX Custom Presence|
This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install 3CX Custom Presence. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named Custom PresenceInstaller.exe
|Register your License Key|
You must register your license key to activate 3CX Custom Presence. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.
Before installing ‘3CX Custom Presence Status’, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below:
- 3CX Version: V16 and V18
- Windows 10 or above / Windows Server 2012 or above (64 bit)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or above (Including the free SQL Express edition)
- Microsoft .Net 4.7.2
- VoIPTools’ 3CX Relay Service installed on the 3CX server
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.0 or above
- Install .NET Core SDK. For this, go to the link https://www.microsoft.com/net/download. From the Windows section, under .NET Core, select Download .NET Core SDK. Install the software on your VoIPTools server.
- Installation on a domain controller may require additional assistance
- When installing SQL Server, we recommend you install it in “Mixed Mode” to include SQL Authentication, and install SQL Management Studio
- When installing IIS, be sure to install Basic Authentication, .Net Extensibility, and ASP.Net 4.X
Step By Step Installation Procedure #
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process:
Step 1: Download 3CX Custom Presence: #
- You can find the software download link in the Order Confirmation Email, or you can find it in your order history on our website.
Step 2: Install the Prerequisites #
Click on the software installer downloaded in Step 1. The installation wizard will automatically identify the prerequisites and assist you with each installation required to 3CX Custom Presence. It includes .NET Framework (Web Installer), SQL Server Express (Web Installer), and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Click the downloaded installer executable to launch the Prerequisites Setup Wizard and click Next.
- In the Prerequisites window, the installer will identify the missing prerequisites. It is important that you install all the required prerequisites. However, you can select/unselect the applications to be installed based on your unique requirements. Click Next to continue.
- The installer will download and install the selected applications.
- If you have selected to install “SQL Server Express”, the Microsoft SQL Server License Terms page will display. Click Accept to acknowledge the license terms and continue.
- In the next window, the Media Location field displays the SQL Server Media target location. If required, you can browse to change the location. Click Install to begin the installation of SQL Server Express.
- Once the prerequisites are installed successfully, click Close.
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio begins to install. Once the installation is complete, click Next
- In the confirmation message box, click Yes to reboot the computer.
Step 3: Start the installation process #
- After all the prerequisites are installed, the 3CX Custom Presence Setup Wizard appears. Click Next to Continue.
- On the Select Installation Folder window, the Folder field displays the location where the ‘3CX Custom Presence’ will be installed. Note that you cannot change the path.
- Click Next to continue.
Step 4: Test Relay Settings #
- In the 3CX Relay Services window, in the Relay Host field, enter the IP address or FQDN of your 3CX server.
- Enter 8801 in the Relay Port field.
- Enter the public key you took from VoIPTools Relay services in the Public Key text area.
- Click the Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Custom Presence’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
- If the ‘3CX Custom Presence’ is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK. If the test fails, you will not be able to continue until communication with the relay is established.
Fig 12: Relay connection test successful
- Click Next to continue with the installation.
NOTE: If the test was unsuccessful:
- confirm you have the correct firewall port open (default TCP 8801) on the 3CX server and the firewall protecting the 3CX server.
- confirm that you have entered the correct IP address / FQDN for the 3CX server.
- confirm that 3CX Custom Presence and the Relay are using the same port and protocol.
Step 5: Configure the database #
When configuring 3CX Custom Presence, select an existing Microsoft SQL Server instance in your environment. The database server can be a remote SQL Server (How-to configure SQL Server to permit remote connections), or a local instance running on the VoIPTools server.
- On the SQL Database window, in the Server field, select the desired instance of SQL Server
We encourage you to use SQL Authentication rather than Windows authentication. Many of our tools leverage a Call Flow Designer (CFD) application running on the 3CX. Frequently our CFD applications require access to a SQL database. If the 3CX server and the database server are not in an Active Directory domain, Windows authentication will fail. To use SQL authentication, your SQL Server must be configured to run in “Mixed Mode”. If you installed SQL Server with one of our tools, we configure SQL in “Mixed Mode”.
- To use SQL Authentication, be sure to uncheck the Trusted Connection checkbox.
- In the Username and Password fields, enter valid SQL login account credentials
- To use Windows Integrated Authentication (not recommended), check the Trusted Connection (Windows integrated authentication) checkbox.
- In the Database field, the installer will automatically display the default database name. We encourage you to use the default name. If you are upgrading or reinstalling 3CX Custom Presence, select the existing database name from the list.
- Click the Test SQL Connection button to confirm connectivity to SQL Server and then click Next to continue.
Step 6: Installing 3CX Custom Presence #
- In the Ready to Install window, click Install to start the installation of the ‘3CX Custom Presence’.
The application installation progresses. This may take several minutes to complete.
- Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
Web Portal #
To access the ‘3CX Custom Presence Status’ web portal, click the Web Portal button on the configuration program, or click on the desktop icon that was created during the installation process (‘3CX Custom Presence Status’ Web).
You will be asked to provide login credentials when connecting to the web portal.
- In the Extension field, enter your 3CX extension number.
- In the PIN field, enter your 3CX voicemail PIN.
- Click Login button to login to your account.
Registration is required to authorize your software. Registering also makes it possible for VoIPTools to provide a replacement key if your license key is ever lost. Also, it enables VoIPTools to notify you of any product updates.
- In the License screen, enter your registration information in all the fields (Note the red dot denotes a required field).
- Click Register.
The license key permits you to install the software on one computer.
Status Mapping #
3CX only offers 5 built-in Presence Statuses. You can have as many custom statuses as you want, but they all have to map back to one of the 5 statuses built into 3CX. Only 3CX Admins/Managers can access ‘Status Mapping’ screen to create or rename custom statuses.
NOTE: Only ‘Active’ Custom Statuses will appear in the ‘My Status’ grid of the ‘Wallboard’ page.
The Wallboard screen is a custom web page that makes it possible for your staff to see the custom status of their colleagues. Only 3CX managers can view these wallboards.
The ‘My Status’ grid is used by agents to set their current presence status. This grid will display all 3CX built-in statuses and any custom statuses.
As a ‘Manager’, you can access all screens while as a ‘User’ you can view and access only Wallboard page.
Select ‘Extension Group Name’ #
Based on the selected ‘Extension Group Name’, the ‘Team Status’ grid shows a list of associated 3CX extensions and their current status.
Add/Update Agent #
Check ‘Add/Update Agents from 3CX’ so that the Wallboard screen displays list of all the agents from 3CX.
Status Report #
Extensions with ‘Manager’ rights can access reports. The reports specify how much time each agent spent on a particular status.
Group By Column #
By default, the report data is grouped by Extension. However, you can group by other columns by simply dragging and dropping them in the space above column header.
Export Report Data #
- In the Report Start Time and Report End Time fields, enter the date range and then click Filter.
- Once the Status Report page displays data as per the selected date range, click the desired export button to export the report data in the respective format.
Site Settings #
Site Settings enable you to customize branding settings for the application that include the following:
- Customize the gradient color of ‘Application Header’
- Customize grid color in screens that display grid data
- Customize logo on the ‘Application Header’
- Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ on the ‘Application Header’
- In the Custom Branding Settings form, perform the following Brand Setting Customizations:
- Customize Application Title Header – Gradient Color
- Beside Header Gradient Color and from the Top Color palette, select the desired color that you want to display as the top color for the ‘Application Title Header’.
- Customize Application Title Header – Gradient Color
- From the Bottom Color palette, select the desired color that you want to display at the bottom of the ‘Application Title Header’ in gradient to the selected Top Color.
- Customize Grid Color
- From the Grid Color palette, select the color that you want to display for the grid in screens that display grid data.
- The final display after applying ‘Grid Color’ branding settings:
- Customize Logo
- If you are uploading the logo for the first time then, beside Upload New Logo field, click Browse and select the logo that you want to apply. You will now observe that the logo is added to the Custom Logo drop down list.
- From the Custom Logo drop down list, select the logo that you have just uploaded.
- Customize Logo
- Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ Text
- In the Header Title field, enter the text that you want the application to display as ‘prefix’ for the existing title in application header.
- Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ Text
- Once you perform desired customizations, click Apply.
Visit our website to access our on-line manuals and receive quick answers to most of your questions. Otherwise, you can contact us by phone, email, live chat and on the VoIPTools forums.
Support Hours (USA and India) #
Our team is ready to assist you with answers to your technical questions and we now offer 24/7, 365 days a year.
Windows Event Log (Applications and Services VoIPTools) #
The Windows Event Log lists various errors, information messages and warnings related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. The data here can be used for troubleshooting various application errors.
Our forum is intended for VoIPTools customers to collaborate on real-life challenges, solutions and best practices. You can participate on our forum at: https://www.voiptools.com/community/
Submit a Bug #
If you suspect a bug in any of our VoIPTools products, you can bring it to our notice by reporting your issue at: https://www.voiptools.com/report-a-bug/
Live Chat #
Our chat support team is ready to acknowledge your queries in real-time. You can start a live chat with us by simply clicking on the Live Chat button at the lower right corner of our web page.
You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to describe your issue in detail. We’ll get back to you within one business day of receiving your request.
You can call us at +1 801-642-4655 to reach a representative. VoIPTools will accept calls at this number from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
Support Services #
Free Support: #
If you purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, your Partner will provide first level support. Partners have access to 100% free technical support, provided they participate actively in the troubleshooting process.
VoIPTools customers have access to our on-line manuals and we will respond to emails (next business day) and live chat, but we will not login to your servers remotely.
Paid Support: #
If you purchase “Installation Support’ our support team can login to your servers and install and configure all our tools for you. This includes installing SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if required. Our team will work with you to configure our applications to best meet your needs.