- Step by step Installation Procedure
- Web Portal
3CX Auto Voicemail allows your staff to record personalized voicemail messages, and automatically play these messages when connected to a customer’s voicemail box.
Primarily envisioned for call center agents who are making outbound calls, when a call center agent is transferred to a customer’s voicemail box, the agent can select from a list of prerecorded messages and have 3CX leave the voicemail for them.
Having 3CX leave the voicemail has the following benefits: #
- Immediately disconnects the agent from the call, thus instantly making the agent available to place the next call.
- Relieves some of the tedium of leaving repetitious voicemails by having 3CX do it for you.
- Eliminates wasted time saying the same voicemail message over and over throughout the day.
- Ensures a consistent, carefully crafted voicemail is delivered every time.
Before installing Auto Voicemail, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below:
- 3CX Version V16 and V18
- Windows 10 or above / Windows Server 2012 or above
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or above (Including the free SQL Express edition)
- Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.0 or above
- .Net 4.7.2 or above
- When installing SQL Server, we recommend you install it in “Mixed Mode” to include SQL Authentication, and install SQL Management Studio
- When installing IIS, be sure to install Basic Authentication, .Net Extensibility, and ASP.Net 4.X
You can order 3CX Auto Voicemail on-line at https://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.
There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing 3CX Auto Voicemail. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server
Install 3CX Auto Voicemail
This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install 3CX Auto Voicemail. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named 3CXAutoVoicemailInstaller.exe
Register your License Key
You must register your license key to activate 3CX Auto Voicemail. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.
Step by step Installation Procedure #
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process:
Step 1: Download ‘3CX Auto Voicemail’. #
You can locate the software download link included in your order confirmation email. As an alternative, you can also find the link from your order history on our website.
Step 2: Install Prerequisites #
Click on the software installer that was downloaded in step 1 above. The installation wizard will automatically identify the needed prerequisites and assist you with the install of the prerequisites needed to run ‘3CX Auto Voicemail’. These include .NET Framework (Web Installer), SQL Server Express (Web Installer) and, SQL Server Management Studio.
1). Click the downloaded installer executable to launch the Prerequisites Setup Wizard and click Next.
2). In the Prerequisites window, the installer will identify the missing prerequisites. It is important that you install all the required prerequisites. However, you can select/unselect the applications to be installed based on your unique requirements. Click Next to continue.
3). The installer will download and install the selected applications.
4). If you have selected to install “SQL Server Express”, the Microsoft SQL Server License Terms page will display. Click Accept to acknowledge the license terms and continue.
5). In the next window, the Media Location field displays the SQL Server Media target location. If required, you can browse to change the location. Click Install to begin the installation of SQL Server Express.
6. Once the prerequisites are installed successfully, click Close.
7. Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio begins to install. Once the installation is complete, click Next
8. In the confirmation message box, click Yes to reboot the computer.
Step 3: Start the installation process #
1). After all the prerequisites are installed, the 3CX Auto Voicemail Setup Wizard appears. Click Next to Continue.
2). On the Select Installation Folder window, the Folder field displays the location where the ‘3CX Auto Voicemail’ will be installed. Note that you cannot change the path.
3). Click Next to continue.
Step 4: Test Relay Settings #
- In the 3CX Relay Services window, in the Relay Host field, enter the IP address or FQDN of your 3CX server.
- Enter 8801 in the Relay Port field.
- Enter the public key you took from VoIPTools Relay services in the Public Key text area.
- Click the Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Queues Wallboard’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
- If the ‘3CX Queues Wallboard’ is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK. If the test fails, you will not be able to continue until communication with the relay is established.
Click Next to continue with the installation.
Note: If the test was unsuccessful:
- confirm you have the correct firewall port open (default TCP 8801) on the 3CX server and the firewall protecting the 3CX server.
- confirm that you have entered the correct IP address / FQDN for the 3CX server.
- confirm that 3CX Auto Voicemail and the Relay are using the same port and protocol.
Step 5: Configure the database #
When configuring 3CX Auto Voicemail, select an existing Microsoft SQL Server instance in your environment. The database server can be a remote SQL Server (How-to configure SQL Server to permit remote connections), or a local instance running on the VoIPTools server.
1). On the SQL Database window, in the Server field, select the desired instance of SQL Server
Note: We encourage you to use SQL Authentication rather than Windows authentication. Many of our tools leverage a Call Flow Designer (CFD) application running on the 3CX. Frequently our CFD applications require access to a SQL database. If the 3CX server and the database server are not in an Active Directory domain, Windows authentication will fail. To use SQL authentication, your SQL Server must be configured to run in “Mixed Mode”. If you installed SQL Server with one of our tools, we configure SQL in “Mixed Mode”.
2). To use SQL Authentication, be sure to uncheck the Trusted Connection checkbox.
3). In the Username and Password fields, enter valid SQL login account credentials
4). To use Windows Integrated Authentication (not recommended), check the Trusted Connection (Windows integrated authentication) checkbox.
5). In the Database field, the installer will automatically display the default database name. We encourage you to use the default name. If you are upgrading or reinstalling 3CX Auto Voicemail, select the existing database name from the list.
6). Click the Test Sql Connection button to confirm connectivity to SQL Server and then click Next to continue.
Step 6: Installing 3CX Auto Voicemail #
1). In the Ready to Install window, click Install to start the installation of the ‘3CX Auto Voicemail’.
2). The application installation progresses.
3). Once the installation is complete, check Launch 3CX Auto Voicemail check box and then click Finish. The 3CX Auto Voicemail configuration screen opens. If you want to simply close the installer without opening the configuration screen, then simply uncheck Launch 3CX Auto Voicemail check box and then click Finish
Registration is required to enable your software. Registering also makes it possible for VoIPTools to provide a replacement key if your license key is ever lost. Also, it enables VoIPTools to notify you of any product updates, and reminders if your key is reaching the renewal date.
To register, click the icon that appears on the desktop once the installation is successfully done.
Figure 20: Software Registration
- 1. On the 3CX Auto Voicemail configuration screen, in the License tab, enter your registration information in all the required fields (Note the red dot denotes a required field).
- Click Register.
Note: The license key permits you to install this software on one computer. This is not free software.
Web Portal #
To access the ‘3CX Auto Voicemail’ web portal, click the Web Portal button on the configuration program, or click on the desktop icon that was created during the installation process (3CX Auto Voicemail Web).
When connecting to the web portal, you will be asked to provide login credentials.
- 1. In the Extension field, enter your 3CX extension number
- 2. In the PIN field, enter your 3CX voicemail PIN
- 3. Click Login button to login to your account
- 4. If you logged in as a ‘Manager’, then the Web Portal displays Auto Voicemails, Settings and About tabs
Figure 22: Web Portal – login screen when logged in as a Manager
- 5. If you logged in as an ‘Agent’, then the Web Portal displays Auto Voicemails and About tabs
Auto Voicemails screen #
Auto Voicemails screen enables you to create a new recording, upload, play or delete an existing recording, and send a select voicemail message to the incoming caller.
As a manager, you can create new recordings and play, share or delete them. You can also display your recordings to other users, meaning, you can allow them to play or share them. However, the users cannot delete them.
Figure 24: Auto Voicemails screen when logged in as a ‘Manager’
As an agent, you will not be able to display your recordings to other users.
Create New Recording #
- Press the Record button.
- In the Enter recording name field, enter the name for the new recording that you want to create.
- Click Call my Extension button. 3CX will call your extension and prompt you to record your message.
- Check Display For All Agents check box if you want other users to play or share the recording.
Play a Recording #
- From the Existing Recordings list, select the recording that you want to play.
- Click Play button. The web portal will display an audio player with the selected recording.
Delete Existing Recording #
- From the Existing Recordings list, select the recording that you want to delete.
- Click Delete button.
Have 3CX Leave a Voicemail for You #
- When your call is connected to a voicemail box, after the beep prompting you to leave a message, select one of your prerecorded messages from the Existing Records list.
- Click the Send Voicemail button.
Settings enable you to customize branding settings for the application that include the following:
- Customize the gradient color of ‘Application Header’
- Customize grid color in screens that display grid data
- Customize logo on the ‘Application Header’
- Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ on the ‘Application Header’
Custom Brand Settings
1. In the Custom Branding Settings form, perform the following Brand Setting Customizations:
- a. Customize Application Title Header – Gradient Color
- i. Beside Header Gradient Color and from the Top Color palette, select the desired color that you want to display as the top color for the ‘Application Title Header’.
- ii. From the Bottom Color palette, select the desired color that you want to display at the bottom of the ‘Application Title Header’ in gradient to the selected Top Color.
- b. Customize Grid Color
- i. From the Grid Color palette, select the color that you want to display for the grid in screens that display grid data.
- c. Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ Text
- i. In the Header Title field, enter the text that you want the application to display as ‘prefix’ for the existing title in application header.
3. Once you perform desired customizations, click Apply.
Figure 31: Display of Customized Brand Settings
Visit our website to access our on-line manuals and receive quick answers to most of your questions. Otherwise, you can contact us by phone, email, live chat and on the VoIPTools forums.
- Support Hours (USA and India)
- Our team is ready to assist you with answers to your technical questions and we now offer 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Windows Event Log (Applications and Services > VoIPTools)
- The Windows Event Log lists various errors, information messages and warnings related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. The data here can be used for troubleshooting various application errors.
- Our forum is intended for VoIPTools customers to collaborate on real-life challenges, solutions and best practices. You can participate on our forum at: https://www.voiptools.com/community/
- Submit a Bug
- If you suspect a bug in any of our VoIPTools products, you can bring it to our notice by reporting your issue at: https://www.voiptools.com/report-a-bug/
- Live Chat
- Our chat support team is ready to acknowledge your queries in real-time. You can start a live chat with us by simply clicking on the Live Chat button at the lower right corner of our web page.
- You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to describe your issue in detail. We’ll get back to you within one business day of receiving your request.
- You can call us at +1 801-642-4655 to reach a representative. VoIPTools will accept calls at this number from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
- Support Services
- Free Support:
- If you purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, your Partner will provide first level support. Partners have access to 100% free technical support, provided they participate actively in the troubleshooting process.
- VoIPTools customers have access to our on-line manuals and we will respond to emails (next business day) and live chat, but we will not login to your servers remotely.
- Paid Support:
- If you purchase “Installation Support’ our support team can login to your servers and install and configure all our tools for you. This includes installing SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if required. Our team will work with you to configure our applications to best meet your needs.