Elevate your call center operations with the 3CX Auto Voicemail feature. Empower your agents to deliver personalized and engaging voicemail messages to customers, creating memorable interactions. Seamlessly select pre-recorded messages to leave behind, ensuring consistent and professional communication. With just a few clicks, enhance customer experiences and make a lasting impression. Take advantage of 3CX Auto Voicemail to transform your communication strategy, elevate your customer service, and revolutionize your call center operations
Why choose 3CX Auto Logout #
|WEB BASED APPLICATION||Our web application is designed to provide a user-friendly experience without the need for installation on your computer. With instant updates, you can rest assured that all users have access to the latest features and improvements, keeping you up to date at all times.|
|UPLOAD RECORDINGS AT EASE||Enhance the quality of your recordings with ease by uploading pre-recorded messages that showcase professionalism and clear audio quality. Elevate your audio game effortlessly.|
|INSTANT AUTO TRANSFERS||Experience the convenience of selecting a prewritten message that instantly redirects your call to a dedicated extension, delivering your chosen message seamlessly.|
|PRODUCTIVITY BOOST||Eliminate time-consuming tasks and empower your team to enhance productivity and efficiency effortlessly.|
Before installing Auto Voicemail, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below:
- 3CX Version V18
- Windows 10 or above / Windows Server 2012 or above
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or above (Including the free SQL Express edition)
- Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.0 or above
- .Net 4.7.2 or above
- Port number 7400 opened on your device.
- When installing SQL Server, we recommend you install it in “Mixed Mode” to include SQL Authentication, and install SQL Management Studio
- When installing IIS, be sure to install Basic Authentication, .Net Extensibility, and ASP.Net 4.X
Installation overview #
|DOWNLOAD AUTO VOICEMAIL||You can order 3CX Auto Voicemail online at https://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.|
|INSTALL PREREQUISITES||There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing the 3CX Auto Voicemail . These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server|
|INSTALL 3CX AUTO VOICEMAIL||There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing the 3CX Auto Voicemail. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server|
|REGISTER YOUR LICENSE KEY||You must register your license key to activate 3CX Auto Voicemail . Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.|
Step-by-step Installation Procedure #
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process:
Step 1: Download 3CX Auto Voicemail #
- Find the software download link in the Order Confirmation Email, or you can find it in your order history on our website and download the 3CX Auto Voicemail application.
- In the Microsoft Defender SmartScreen, click the More Info option.
- Click the Run Anyway option to start the installation.
Step 2: Install Prerequisites #
Click on the software installer that was downloaded in Step 1 above. The installation wizard will automatically identify the needed prerequisites and assist you with the installation of the prerequisites needed to run ‘3CX Auto Voicemail’. These include .NET Framework (Web Installer), SQL Server Express (Web Installer), and, SQL Server Management Studio.
- Click the downloaded installer executable to launch the Prerequisites Setup Wizard and click Next.
- In the Prerequisites window, the installer will identify the missing prerequisites. It is important that you install all the required prerequisites. However, you can select/unselect the applications to be installed based on your unique requirements. Click Next to continue.
The installer will download and install the selected applications.
- If you have selected to install “SQL Server Express”, the Microsoft SQL Server License Terms page will display. Click Accept to acknowledge the license terms and continue.
- In the next window, the Media Location field displays the SQL Server Media target location. If required, you can browse to change the location. Click Install to begin the installation of SQL Server Express.
- Once the prerequisites are installed successfully, click Close.
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio begins to install. Once the installation is complete, click Next
- In the confirmation message box, click Yes to reboot the computer.
Step 3: Start the installation process #
- After all the prerequisites are installed, the 3CX Auto Voicemail Setup Wizard appears. Click Next to Continue.
- On the Select Installation Folder window, the Folder field displays the location where the ‘3CX Auto Voicemail’ will be installed. Note that you cannot change the path.
- Click Next to continue with the installation.
Step 4: Test Relay Settings #
- In the 3CX Relay Services window, in the Relay Host field, enter the FQDN of your 3CX server.
- Enter 8801 in the Relay Port field.
- Enter the public key you took from VoIPTools Relay services in the Public Key text area.
- Click the Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Queues Wallboard’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
- If the ‘3CX Queues Wallboard’ is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK. If the test fails, you will not be able to continue until communication with the relay is established.
- Click Next to continue with the installation.
If the test was unsuccessful:
- confirm you have the correct firewall port open (default TCP 8801) on the 3CX server and the firewall protecting the 3CX server.
- confirm that you have entered the correct IP address / FQDN for the 3CX server.
- confirm that 3CX Auto Voicemail and the Relay are using the same port and protocol.
Step 5: Configure the database #
When configuring 3CX Auto Voicemail, select an existing Microsoft SQL Server instance in your environment. The database server can be a remote SQL Server, or a local instance running on the VoIPTools server.
- On the SQL Database window, in the Server field, select the desired instance of SQL Server
We encourage you to use SQL Authentication rather than Windows authentication. Many of our tools leverage a Call Flow Designer (CFD) application running on the 3CX. Frequently our CFD applications require access to a SQL database. If the 3CX server and the database server are not in an Active Directory domain, Windows authentication will fail. To use SQL authentication, your SQL Server must be configured to run in “Mixed Mode”. If you installed SQL Server with one of our tools, we configure SQL in “Mixed Mode”.
- To use SQL Authentication, be sure to uncheck the Trusted Connection checkbox.
- In the Username and Password fields, enter valid SQL login account credentials.
- To use Windows Integrated Authentication (not recommended), check the Trusted Connection (Windows integrated authentication) checkbox.
- In the Database field, the installer will automatically display the default database name. We encourage you to use the default name. If you are upgrading or reinstalling 3CX Auto Voicemail, select the existing database name from the list.
- Click the Test Sql Connection button to confirm connectivity to SQL Server and then click Next to continue.
Step 6: Installing 3CX Auto Voicemail #
- In the Ready to Install window, click Install to start the installation of the ‘3CX Auto Voicemail’.
The application installation progresses.
- Once the installation is complete, check Launch 3CX Auto Voicemail check box and then click Finish. The 3CX Auto Voicemail configuration screen opens. If you want to simply close the installer without opening the configuration screen, then simply uncheck Launch 3CX Auto Voicemail check box and then click Finish
Step 7: Register your Software #
To ensure the authorization of your license key, it is necessary to complete the registration process. By registering with VoIPTools, you gain access to a range of benefits:
|Key Replacement Assistance||In the unfortunate event of a lost license key, registering with VoIPTools lets us provide you with a replacement key promptly.|
|Product Updates and Reminders||By registering, you will receive timely notifications from VoIPTools regarding any product updates. Additionally, we will send reminders when your key is nearing its renewal date, ensuring uninterrupted access to our services.s|
Follow the procedure to register your software,
- Click the 3CX Auto Voicemail desktop icon to open the desktop configuration application.
- On the 3CX Auto Voicemail configuration screen, in the License tab, enter your registration information in all the required fields (Note the red dot denotes a required field).
- Click Register to register the software and click OK on the Success popup.
The license key permits you to install this software on one computer. This is not free software.
Web Portal #
To access the ‘3CX Auto Voicemail’ web portal, click the Web Portal button on the configuration program, or click on the desktop icon that was created during the installation process (3CX Auto Voicemail Web).
Login Page #
Once you login to the web portal you can access all the features of the 3CX Auto Voicemail.
To access the web portal,
- Double-click the 3CX Auto Voicemail desktop icon to open the desktop application.
- On the top menu, click the Portal tab.
- Select the desired web portal password from the Authentication section.
- Click the Web Portal button on the bottom left of the application to open the web portal.
- In the Extension field, enter your 3CX extension number
- In the Passwords section,
- Enter the voicemail pin if you selected the Voicemail Pin option to authenticate.
- Enter the web client password if you selected the Web Client option to authenticate.
- Enter the phone passwords if you selected the Phone Password option to authenticate.
- Click the Login button to log in to your account
Login Privileges #
Login as Manager #
Login as Agent #
You can view the following tabs when you log in as an Agent
- Auto Voicemail tab
- About tab.
Auto Voicemails screen #
Auto Voicemails screen enables you to create a new recording, upload, play or delete an existing recording, and send a special voicemail message to the incoming caller.
As a manager, you can create new recordings and play, share, or delete them. You can also display your recordings to other users, allowing them to play or share them. However, the users cannot delete them.
As an agent, you will not be able to display your recordings to other users.
Create New Recording #
- In the Auto Voicemails tab, click the Record button.
- On the Description box in the Enter recording name field, enter the name of the new recording that you want to create.
- Click the Call My Extension button. 3CX will call your extension and prompt you to record your message.
- Check the Display For All Agents check box if you want other users to play or share the recording.
Your recorded voicemail gets displayed in the Existing Recordings list,
Play a Recording #
- From the Existing Recordings list, select the recording that you want to play.
- Click the Play button. The web portal will display an audio player with the selected recording.
Delete Existing Recording #
- From the Existing Recordings list, select the recording that you want to delete.
- Click the Delete button and Click OK in the Info box.
Have 3CX Leave a Voicemail for You #
- When your call is connected to a voicemail box after the beep prompting you to leave a message, select one of your prerecorded messages from the Existing Records list.
- Click the Send Voicemail button.
- Click OK in the Call Transferred Info box.
Settings enable you to customize branding settings for the application that includes the following:
- Customize the gradient color of the ‘Application Header’
- Customize grid color in screens that display grid data
- Customize the logo on the ‘Application Header’
- Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ on the ‘Application Header’
Customize Application Title Header – Gradient Color #
- In the Header Gradient Colour section do the following,
- Select the top paint from the Top Colour color palette.
- Select the bottom paint from the Bottom Colour color palette.
- Click Apply to Save the settings.
Customize Grid Color #
- From the Grid Color palette, select the color that you want to display for the grid on screens that display grid data
- Click Apply to save your settings.
Customize Logo #
- If you are uploading the logo for the first time then,
- In the Custom Logo section, click the Browe button to choose a logo from your device.
- Select the uploaded logo from the Select Logo dropdown list.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
- If you have uploaded the logo,
Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ Text #
- In the Header Title field, enter the text that you want the application to display as a ‘prefix’ for the existing title in the application header.
- Click Apply to save the header title prefix.
The final result of the page when you do all the customizations,
About tab: #
The About tab displays the version number of the 3CX Auto Voicemail and other basic information about VoIP Tools.
To update to the latest version,
- Double-click the 3CX Auto Voicemail desktop application icon.
- On the top menu click the About tab.
- Check the version number of your application. If your software version is not up to date, click the Check for Updates button to get the latest version.
Need Support? #
You get quick answers to most of your inquiries in our online manual. If you prefer direct contact, we offer various support channels, including phone, email, live chat, and our helpful VoIPTools forums.
24/7 Support Availability #
Rest assured, our dedicated team is here to assist you around the clock, every day of the year. Whether you’re based in the USA or India, we’re ready to provide prompt responses to your technical queries.
Windows Event Log for VoIPTools Applications and Services #
For troubleshooting any application errors, our Windows Event Log contains a comprehensive list of error messages, warnings, and informative notes related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. It’s a valuable resource to help you pinpoint and resolve any issues you may encounter.
Real-Time Live Chat Assistance #
Got questions that need immediate answers? Our chat support team is available to assist you in real-time. Just click on the Live Chat button located at the lower right corner of our website, and we’ll acknowledge your queries right away.
Efficient Email Support #
To ensure a thorough understanding of your concerns, feel free to email us at email@example.com. Describe your issue in detail, and we’ll get back to you within one business day with the support you need.
Reach Us by Phone #
If you prefer to speak with a representative directly, you can reach us at +1 801-642-4655. Our attentive team is available to take your calls from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
Free Support #
If you’ve purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, rest assured that they provide first-level support at no additional cost. Partners have access to 100% free technical assistance and actively participate in the troubleshooting process.
VoIPTools customers enjoy access to our online manuals and receive support through emails (with responses within one business day) and live chat. However, please note that we do not provide remote server login assistance.
Paid Support #
For a more hands-on experience, consider our “Installation Support” package. Our expert support team can log in to your servers, and install and configure all our tools for you. This comprehensive service includes setting up SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if necessary. We’ll work closely with you to tailor our applications to best meet your specific requirements.
We’re committed to providing top-notch support to ensure your VoIPTools experience is smooth and hassle-free. Contact us today, and let us assist you in making the most of our powerful tools!