Effortlessly Sync and Manage 3CX Data with 3CX Exporter for Real-Time Custom Reports.
Experience seamless synchronization and effortless data management with 3CX Exporter. This tool enables you to sync your 3CX data and Call Detail Records (CDR) files with popular databases like Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL. Let this Windows service work in the background, ensuring your external database remains in harmony with your 3CX system. Gain instant access to real-time information and generate custom reports for your business. Say goodbye to manual hassles and hello to streamlined operations with 3CX Exporter.
What is 3CX Exporter? #
The 3CX Exporter automates the export of Call Detail Records (CDR) from 3CX’s internal PostgreSQL database to Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL. This Windows service runs efficiently in the background, maintaining synchronization between the external database and the data in 3CX.
Why 3CX Exporter? #
|SIMPLIFIED CUSTOM REPORTING
|Discover the capabilities of 3CX Exporter, which enables you to generate customized reports using well-known reporting tools. Effortlessly store data in SQL or MySQL, opening up numerous opportunities for data analysis and reporting requirements.
|REMOTE CDR ACCESS
|Accessing CDR files from a cloud-hosted 3CX server can be challenging. Fortunately, our Exporter provides a simplified solution by utilizing our Relay. This enables you to easily access CDR files remotely, eliminating any difficulties. Embrace seamless file retrieval with our user-friendly solution.
|EFFORTLESS DATABASE SYNC
|Achieve smooth synchronization between your external database and 3CX using this efficient Windows service. This service operates automatically in the background, ensuring that your data stays consistently up-to-date.
|Efficiently archive historical information using 3CX Exporter. Effectively categorize and structure vital data from your 3CX system, enabling convenient retrieval as required.
How to use 3CX Exporter? #
Optimize your workflow using 3CX Exporter, a user-friendly tool that automates the export of Call Detail Records. Specify your preferred export frequency during installation, and let the tool handle the remaining tasks. Additionally, you benefit from the convenience of adjusting both the export frequency and database settings as needed, granting you seamless control over your data management.
Before installing 3CX Exporter, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below:
- 3CX Version V18
- Windows 10 or above
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or above (Including the free SQL Express edition), or MYSQL
- Windows Server 2012 (64-bit) or above
- .Net 4.7.2
- If you are installing 3CX Exporter in a server other than 3CX Server, then you should install ‘C++ 2010 redistribution package (X86)’ in the 3CX Server. You can install it from this link.
- 3CX Relay Service
- Installation on a domain controller may require additional assistance
Installation overview #
|You can order 3CX Exporter online at https://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.
|Several prerequisites must be installed before installing the 3CX Exporter. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server
|INSTALL 3CX EXPORTER
|This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install 3CX Exporter. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named Exporter.exe
|LOG IN TO THE WEB APPLICATION
|You can now log in to the web application using the extension number and the PIN.
- When installing SQL Server, we recommend you install it in “Mixed Mode” to include SQL Authentication, and install SQL Management Studio
- When installing IIS, be sure to install Basic Authentication, .Net Extensibility, and ASP.Net 4.X
Step-by-step Installation Procedure #
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process:
Step 1: Download 3CX Exporter. #
Find the software download link in the Order Confirmation Email, or you can download the application by following the procedure,
- Open your browser and go to the VoIPTools official website or click here to get redirected to the website.
- Search for the Exporter Application and click the Download button to download your application.
Step 2: Install Prerequisites #
Click on the software installer that was downloaded in step 1 above. The installation wizard will automatically identify the needed prerequisites and assist you with the installation of the prerequisites needed to run ‘3CX Exporter’. These include .NET Framework (Web Installer), SQL Server Express (Web Installer), and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Click the downloaded installer executable to launch the Prerequisites Setup Wizard and click Next.
- In the Prerequisites window, the installer will identify the missing prerequisites. It is important that you install all the required prerequisites. However, you can select/unselect the applications to be installed based on your unique requirements. Click Next to continue.
The installer will download and install the selected applications.
- If you have selected to install “SQL Server Express”, the Microsoft SQL Server License Terms page will display. Click Accept to acknowledge the license terms and continue.
- In the next window, the Media Location field displays the SQL Server Media target location. If required, you can browse to change the location. Click Install to begin the installation of SQL Server Express.
- Once the prerequisites are installed successfully, click Close.
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio begins to install. Once the installation is complete, click Next
- In the confirmation message box, click Yes to reboot the computer.
Step 3: Start the installation process #
- After all the prerequisites are installed, the 3CX Exporter Setup Wizard appears. Click Next to Continue.
- On the Select Installation Folder window, the Folder field displays the location where the ‘3CX Exporter’ will be installed. Note that you cannot change the path.
- Click Next to continue.
Step 4: Test Relay Settings #
- In the 3CX Relay Services window, in the Relay Host field, enter the FQDN of your 3CX server.
- Enter 8801 in the Relay Port field.
- Enter the public key you took from VoIPTools Relay services in the Public Key text area.
- Click the Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Exporter’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
- If the ‘3CX Exporter’ is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK. If the test fails, you will not be able to continue until communication with the relay is established.
Step 5: Configuring SQL Connection #
The SQL tab lets you set up the database. You can select either SQL or MYSQL depending on the database you prefer.
You can set up the SQL database using SQL Authentication or Windows Integrated Authentication.
SQL Authentication #
- Select the SQL radio box to use the SQL database.
- Enter your server name in the Server field.
- If using the free SQL Express Edition, the default SQL Instance name is SQLExpress.
- If you want to use ‘SQL Authentication’, then install SQL Server in ‘Mixed‘ mode.
- If SQL Server is installed on a server other than the server where 3CX Exporter is installed, you will need to configure SQL Server to allow remote connections.
- Enter your credentials in the Username and Password fields.
Make sure that you select a SQL Login that has sufficient permissions to alter the database and create SQL objects.
- Select or enter 3CX Exporter in the Database dropdown.
- In the Test SQL Connections section, click the Tool button to test the connection.
Windows Integrated Authentication #
- To use Windows Integrated Authentication check the Trusted Connection (Windows integrated authentication) checkbox.
- The VoIPTools installer will create a local Windows user name as “VoIPToys” and give you sufficient rights to this user to create/update the SQL database.
- In the Advanced Installer section, click the Tool button to test the connection.
- We recommend you use SQL Authentication rather than Windows authentication. Many of our tools leverage a Call Flow Designer (CFD) application running on the 3CX. Frequently our CFD applications require access to an SQL database. If the 3CX server and the database server are not in an Active Directory domain, Windows authentication will fail.
- To use SQL Authentication, you must configure the SQL server to run in Mixed Mode. If you install SQL Server with our tools, we configure SQL in Mixed Mode.
- Click the MySQL radio box to use the MySQL database.
- Enter the name of the server in the Server field.
- Enter the name of the database in the Database field.
- Enter your credentials in the Admin User and the Password fields.
- Click the Tool button to test the connection.
The first time you install 3CX Exporter, DO NOT enter a database name. Choose Select or enter a database name and leave the database name blank. The installer will create the SQL database automatically and apply the necessary permissions. If upgrading 3CX Exporter from a previous version, select the existing database from the list.
Step 6: Installing 3CX Exporter #
- In the Ready to Install window, click Install to start the installation of the ‘3CX Exporter’.
The application installation progresses. It may take several minutes to complete.
- Click the Finish button when the installation is completed.
Step 7: Log in to the Web Application #
- Double-click the 3CX Exporter Icon to open the web application.
- On the Login page, do the following tasks,
- In the Extension field, enter your 3CX extension number.
- In the PIN field, enter your 3CX voicemail PIN.
- Click the Login button to log in to your account.
Access to the 3CX Exporter application is limited to Manager accounts. If you attempt to log in as a User, access will be denied, and the following image will be displayed.
It is essential to re-register the Exporter application because the framework application has transitioned from Windows to Blazer.
3CX Exporter Web Application #
Overview of the Web Application: #
This section explains to you the overview of the 3CX Exporter web application.
|Left Side Panel
|Let you make changes to the Exporter application or register your software with a valid license key.
|You can configure the Exporter settings by expanding the sections.
|Displays the name of the user. You can log out using the Logout button.
|Once you have made the changes to the Exporter settings, click the Restart button to apply your changes.
|Support Resources Button
|The Support Resources tab gives you general information about the software and the VoIPTools company.
Settings Menu #
The Settings menu has Four different sections, each with a specific purpose:
|Purpose of the section
|Ensures timely synchronization of data from your 3CX database to the Exporter database.
|Grants control over which data tables are exported to your database.
|Streamlines Call Detail Record (CDR) file management, automating processes and saving resources.
|Allows you to configure the automated deletion of older CDR files, optimizing data storage and system efficiency.
Export Frequency Section #
In the Export Frequency section, you can define how often you want to export tables to the database. This setting controls the automatic synchronization of updates from the 3CX database to the Exporter database.
To set the export frequency, follow the procedure,
- In the Settings menu, expand the Export Frequency section.
- In the Export Frequency field, set the frequency (in seconds).
Export Tables Section #
In the Export screen, you can set up the exporting of tables. From here, you can select and export the desired tables from the list to the database.
Follow the procedure to export the tables to the database,
- In the Settings menu, expand the Export Tables section.
- Select the tables to export to the database and click the Save button.
You can set the export frequency in the Export Frequency section.
CDR Settings Section #
The CDR Settings section lets you manage and process your CDR (Call Detail Record) files within the 3CX Console. By configuring the CDR Settings and Delete Policy, you can streamline the storage and maintenance of your call records. This ensures that older processed CDR files are automatically deleted, saving you time and resources.
Follow the procedure to process CDR files or Click to learn how to configure 3CX to create CDR files,
- In the Settings menu, expand the CDR Settings section.
- Check the Process CDR Files check box.
- Click the Restart button to save your settings.
You can configure the delete policy of the CDR files in the Delete Policy section.
Delete Policy Section #
The Delete Policy section lets you configure the automatic deletion of processed CDR (Call Detail Record) files that are older than a specified number of days at a scheduled time. This allows for the management and maintenance of CDR data, ensuring that older records are regularly removed to free up storage space and maintain system efficiency.
Follow the procedure to configure the delete policy for the CDR files,
- In the Settings menu, expand the Delete Policy section.
- Check the Delete processed CDRs older than the check box to enable the delete policy.
- In the Days field, enter the number of days to delete the the processed CDR files older than the specified number of days automatically at the scheduled Delete At time.
- In the Delete at time box, enter the time using the up and down arrows to delete the processed CDR files older than the specified number of days at the scheduled time.
Support Resources Screen #
The Support Resources screen displays the version number of the application and the contact information of VoIPTools. Click on the link to learn about the comprehensive support provided by VoIPTools.
- Click the Support Resources button on the top right of the application to open the Support Resources screen.
Configure 3CX to Automatically Create CDR Files #
Besides extracting data directly from the 3CX PostgreSQL database, Exporter efficiently exports Call Detail Records (CDR) as text files. These CDR files encapsulate valuable call information, encompassing participants, durations, and the call chain. While not as extensive as the PostgreSQL database, the CDR files offer a more user-friendly data structure. If the CDR files fulfill your data requirements, it’s advisable to prioritize their use over accessing the PostgreSQL database.
Follow the procedure to configure 3CX to create these CDR files,
- Log in to the 3CX Management Console with valid credentials.
- On the left navigation pane, click the Advanced option.
- In the Advanced Menu dropdown, click the CDR option.
- In the CDR Log Type dropdown, select the Single File For Each Call option.
- In the Manage CDR Output Fields popup, select the desired output fields and click the OK button.
- Once 3CX has been configured to generate CDR files, you must configure Exporter to process the files and import the data into SQL or MySQL.
It is important that you configure 3CX to save each call as an individual file.
Be sure not to remove any fields from the list or change the order of the fields. Exporter expects all the fields to be exported in the default order. Therefore, order is important. Below is a list of all the fields in the proper order.
Once you have successfully configured 3CX to automatically create CDR files, all the CDR data from then on will be exported into the Exporter database.
Exporter will place the CDR data extracted from the 3CX CDR files into the table named cdr. Click the link to learn how to view the 3CX CDR files.
CDR Records – Output Field Definitions #
The following are the supported output fields and what they mean
|This is the call number – each call has a number, internal to 3CX. It is useful for call tracking.
|This is the Call ID – the unique identifier of the call.
|Call Duration time.
|Call Start time.
|Call terminated time.
|Why the call was terminated.
|Source caller number.
|Destination To Number.
|Distinguished name of caller – this is 3CX Specific Can be omitted by 3rd party developers.
|Distinguished name of To – Destination – this is 3CX Specific Can be omitted by 3rd party developers.
|Billing code dialed after the destination (for example **Sales).
|Final Number – the final number which was replaced (In a transfer this will be the final connected number).
|The distinguished name of the final number entity – this is 3CX Specific and can be omitted by 3rd party dev.
|All endpoints that were involved in the call.
|The Cost of the call is calculated with simple proportion/minute.
|The billing rate matched the prefix of the rate. This is used to apply a cost calculation variance.
|The rate name of the billing variance.
|The Distinguished Name of the final number entity – this is 3CX Specific and can be omitted by 3rd party dev.
|Final destination type.
|Source Display Name.
|Destination Display Name.
|Final destination Display Name.
|The number of missed calls for an extension in a queue.
Uploading images in the DN table #
Follow the procedure to upload images to the DN table,
- Open your 3CX Electron Phone application.
- In the left side menu, click the General tab.
- Click the Image Upload icon to upload an image from your local device.
- Open your database application and you can see the image added to the extension in the Pv_Contact_Image column.
The pv_contact_image column in your database will be visible if there is an image associated with at least one extension in the 3CX Electron Phone application.
View 3CX Database Records #
- Connect to database server.
- Under the Object Explorer navigation pane, expand Databases, and then expand 3CX Exporter and Tables to see various tables.
- Right-click on any table to see the Right-click menu.
- Choose Select Top 1000 Rows to view data in the workspace area.
View Data in Microsoft SQL Server Database #
To view the exported data in the Microsoft SQL Server database, install the SQL Server Management Studio and follow the instructions below:
- Connect to Microsoft SQL Server database server with valid credentials.
- Under the Object Explorer navigation pane, expand Databases, and then expand 3CX Exporter and Tables to see the dbo.cdr table.
- Right-click to open the Right Click menu and click on the Execute option to view the new CDR Output fields that you added through the 3CX Management Console.
Need Support? #
You get quick answers to most of your inquiries in our online manual. If you prefer direct contact, we offer various support channels, including phone, email, live chat, and our helpful VoIPTools forums.
24/7 Support Availability #
Rest assured, our dedicated team is here to assist you around the clock, every day of the year. Whether you’re based in the USA or India, we’re ready to provide prompt responses to your technical queries.
Windows Event Log for VoIPTools Applications and Services #
For troubleshooting any application errors, our Windows Event Log contains a comprehensive list of error messages, warnings, and informative notes related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. It’s a valuable resource to help you pinpoint and resolve any issues you may encounter.
Real-Time Live Chat Assistance #
Got questions that need immediate answers? Our chat support team is available to assist you in real time. Just click on the Live Chat button located at the lower right corner of our website, and we’ll acknowledge your queries right away.
Efficient Email Support #
To ensure a thorough understanding of your concerns, email us at email@example.com. Describe your issue in detail, and we’ll get back to you within one business day with the support you need.
Reach Us by Phone #
If you prefer to speak with a representative directly, you can reach us at +1 801-642-4655. Our attentive team is available to take your calls from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
Free Support #
If you’ve purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, rest assured that they provide first-level support at no additional cost. Partners have access to 100% free technical assistance and actively participate in the troubleshooting process.
VoIPTools customers enjoy access to our online manuals and receive support through emails (with responses within one business day) and live chat. However, please note that we do not provide remote server login assistance.
Paid Support #
For a more hands-on experience, consider our “Installation Support” package. Our expert support team can log in to your servers, and install and configure all our tools. This comprehensive service includes setting up SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if necessary. We’ll work closely with you to tailor our applications to meet your requirements.
We’re committed to providing top-notch support to ensure your VoIPTools experience is smooth and hassle-free. Contact us today, and let us assist you in making the most of our powerful tools!