Introducing the 3CX Profile Manager, a web-based application designed to simplify user management and boost efficiency for administrators struggling with the complexities of handling user profiles and permissions. Seamlessly integrating with the 3CX phone system, this feature-rich tool enables effortless configuration of profiles, association of users with specific profiles, and complete control over access to various resources within the system. With the 3CX Profile Manager, manual user management headaches become a thing of the past.
Why Choose 3CX Profile Manager? #
|STREAMLINED USER MANAGEMENT
|By organizing users into profiles, you can efficiently apply uniform settings and permissions to multiple users simultaneously, eliminating the need for time-consuming individual configurations. This saves you valuable time and effort while ensuring consistency across your team.
|TIGHTNED SECURITY MEASURES
|With profile-level control, you can manage access to queues, extension groups, and ring groups efficiently, ensuring users have access only to the necessary resources for their roles. This safeguards your data and prevents unauthorized access effortlessly.
|SIMPLE AND INTUITIVE INTERFACE
|Effortlessly generate, modify, and oversee profiles without encountering technical difficulties. Bid farewell to intricacy and welcome user-friendly controls for managing settings and permissions seamlessly.
|BOOSTED USER PRODUCTIVITY
|Enhance productivity significantly by assigning users to queues, extension groups, and ring groups according to profiles. When users are linked to a profile, they gain immediate access to all relevant resources, eliminating the need for manual setup.
|Customize profiles by selecting desired queues, extension groups, and ring groups. Tailor each profile for different departments, teams, or job roles to ensure appropriate resource access for all users.
Before you begin with the installation steps mentioned in this guide, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below for installing 3CX Profile Manager.
- 3CX Version V18
- Windows 10 or above / Windows Server 2012 (64 bit) or above
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or above (Including the free SQL Express edition)
- .Net 4.7.2 or above
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.2 or above
- Port number 7955 opened on your device.
- When installing SQL Server, we recommend you install it in “Mixed Mode” to include SQL Authentication, and install SQL Management Studio
- When installing IIS, be sure to install Basic Authentication, .Net Extensibility, and ASP.Net 4.X
Installation overview #
|You can order 3CX Profile Manager online at https://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.
|There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing the 3CX Profile Manager. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server
|INSTALL 3CX PROFILE MANAGER
|This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install 3CX Profile Manager. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named ProfileManagerinstaller.exe
|REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE
|You must register your license key to activate 3CX Profile Manager. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.
Step By Step Installation Procedure #
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process:
Step 1: Download 3CX Profile Manager #
- Find the software download link in the Order Confirmation Email, or you can find it in your order history on our website and download the 3CX Profile Manager application.
- In the Microsoft Defender SmartScreen, click the More Info option.
- Click the Run Anyway option to start the installation.
Step 2: Install Prerequisites #
Click on the software installer that was downloaded in step 1 above. The installation wizard will automatically identify the needed prerequisites and assist you with the install of the prerequisites needed to run ‘3CX Profile Manager’. These include .NET Framework (Web Installer), SQL Server Express (Web Installer) and, SQL Server Management Studio.
- Click the downloaded installer executable to launch the Prerequisites Setup Wizard and click Next.
- In the Prerequisites window, the installer will identify the missing prerequisites. It is important that you install all the required prerequisites. However, you can select/unselect the applications to be installed based on your unique requirements. Click Next to continue.
- If you have selected to install “SQL Server Express”, the Microsoft SQL Server License Terms page will display. Click Accept to acknowledge the license terms and continue.
- In the next window, the Media Location field displays the SQL Server Media target location. If required, you can browse to change the location. Click Install to begin the installation of SQL Server Express.
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio begins to install. Once the installation is complete, click Next
Figure 10: SQL Server Express: Reboot your computer
Step 3: Start the installation process #
- After all the prerequisites are installed, the 3CX Profile Manager Setup Wizard appears. Click Next to Continue.
- On the Select Installation Folder window, the Folder field displays the location where the ‘3CX Profile Manager’ will be installed. Note that you cannot change the path.
- Click Next to continue.
Step 4: Test Relay Settings #
- In the 3CX Relay Services window, in the Relay Host field, enter the FQDN of your 3CX server.
- Enter 8801 in the Relay Port field.
- Enter the public key you took from VoIPTools Relay services in the Public Key text area.
- Click the Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Profile Manager’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
- If the ‘3CX Profile Manager’ is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK. If the test fails, you will not be able to continue until communication with the relay is established.
- Click Next to continue with the installation.
If the test was unsuccessful:
- confirm you have the correct firewall port open (default TCP 8801) on the 3CX server and the firewall protecting the 3CX server.
- confirm that you have entered the correct FQDN for the 3CX server.
- confirm that 3CX Profile Manager and the Relay are using the same port and protocol.
Step 5: Configure the database #
When configuring 3CX Profile Manager, select an existing Microsoft SQL Server instance in your environment. The database server can be a remote SQL Server or a local instance running on the VoIPTools server.
- On the SQL Database window, in the Server field, select the desired instance of SQL Server
We encourage you to use SQL Authentication rather than Windows authentication. Many of our tools leverage a Call Flow Designer (CFD) application running on the 3CX. Frequently our CFD applications require access to a SQL database. If the 3CX server and the database server are not in an Active Directory domain, Windows authentication will fail. To use SQL authentication, your SQL Server must be configured to run in “Mixed Mode”. If you installed SQL Server with one of our tools, we configure SQL in “Mixed Mode”.
- To use SQL Authentication, be sure to uncheck the Trusted Connection checkbox.
- In the Username and Password fields, enter valid SQL login account credentials
- To use Windows Integrated Authentication (not recommended), check the Trusted Connection (Windows integrated authentication) checkbox.
- In the Database field, the installer will automatically display the default database name. We encourage you to use the default name. If you are upgrading or reinstalling 3CX Profile Manager, select the existing database name from the list.
- Click the Test Sql Connection button to confirm connectivity to SQL Server and then click Next to continue.
Step 6: Installing 3CX Profile Manager #
- In the Ready to Install window, click Install to start the installation of the ‘3CX Profile Manager’.
Step 7: Register your Software #
To ensure the authorization of your license key, it is necessary to complete the registration process. By registering with VoIPTools, you gain access to a range of benefits:
|Key Replacement Assistance
|In the unfortunate event of a lost license key, registering with VoIPTools lets us provide you with a replacement key promptly.
|Product Updates and Reminders
|By registering, you will receive timely notifications from VoIPTools regarding any product updates. Additionally, we will send reminders when your key is nearing its renewal date, ensuring uninterrupted access to our services.s
Follow the procedure to register your software,
- Click the Profile Manager desktop icon to launch the web application.
- On the Login page, do the following tasks,
- In the Extension field, enter your 3CX extension number.
- In the PIN field, enter your 3CX voicemail PIN.
- Click the Login button to log in to your account.
- Click the License tab and enter registration information.
- Click Register to complete your software registration.
The license key permits you to install the software on one computer. This is not free software.
Web Portal #
To access the ‘3CX Profile Manager’ web portal, click on the desktop icon that was created during the installation process (‘3CX Profile Manager’ Web).
As a ‘System Administrator’, you can add/modify profiles. As a ‘Queue Manager’, you can only view the ready-only profile data.
As a System Administrator, you can configure a profile by simply adding desired queues, extension groups and ring groups. When you add a user to a specific profile, the user will be automatically added to all the queues, extension groups and ring groups associated to that profile.
Create a Profile #
- In the Profiles screen, and beside Profiles, click Add button and then enter the name for the new profile.
- Click the Save Changes button to save the profile. The Profiles grid displays the new profile.
- In the Queues grid, select the desired queues that you want to associate to the profile.
- In the Extension Groups grid, select the desired extension groups that you want to associate to the profile.
- In the Ring Groups grid, select the desired ring groups that you want to associate to the profile.
- Click Save Profile. The selected queues, extension groups and ring groups will be associated to the profile.
Modify a Profile #
- In the Profiles screen, select the desired profile that you want to modify.
- In the Queues grid, select/unselect the desired queues.
- In the Extension Groups grid, select/unselect the desired extension groups.
- In the Ring Groups grid, select/unselect the desired ring groups.
- Click Save Profile. All the users associated to the profile will be added/removed from the selected/unselected queues, extension groups and ring groups respectively.
Delete a Profile #
Follow the procedure to delete a profile,
- In the Profile column select the desired profile and click the Delete button.
- In the Confirmation box click Cancel and click the Save button to save the changes.
Associate a User from Profile #
- From the Users grid, select the desired user whom you want to associate with a profile.
- From the Profiles grid, select the desired profile that you want to associate to the selected user.
- Click the Assign Profile button on the bottom right of the screen.
The user will be automatically added to the respective queues, extension groups and ring groups associated to the selected profile
Dissociate a User from Profile #
- From the Users grid, select the desired user whom you want to dissociate from a profile.
- From the Profiles grid, select the desired profile that you want to dissociate from the selected user. The user will be automatically removed from all the respective queues, extension groups and ring groups associated to the selected profile
- Click Assign Profile button on the bottom right of the screen.
Modify Agent Skill Level #
You can modify agent skills on a scale of 1 to 5 provided that the ‘Queue Polling Strategy’ of the skill is set to ‘Skill Based Routing’.
- In the Skill field of the respective Queue, enter the value on a scale of 1 to 5.
- Click Save Changes.
Need Support? #
You get quick answers to most of your inquiries in our online manual. If you prefer direct contact, we offer various support channels, including phone, email, live chat, and our helpful VoIPTools forums.
24/7 Support Availability #
Rest assured, our dedicated team is here to assist you around the clock, every day of the year. Whether you’re based in the USA or India, we’re ready to provide prompt responses to your technical queries.
Windows Event Log for VoIPTools Applications and Services #
For troubleshooting any application errors, our Windows Event Log contains a comprehensive list of error messages, warnings, and informative notes related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. It’s a valuable resource to help you pinpoint and resolve any issues you may encounter.
Real-Time Live Chat Assistance #
Got questions that need immediate answers? Our chat support team is available to assist you in real time. Just click on the Live Chat button located at the lower right corner of our website, and we’ll acknowledge your queries right away.
Efficient Email Support #
To ensure a thorough understanding of your concerns, email us at email@example.com. Describe your issue in detail, and we’ll get back to you within one business day with the support you need.
Reach Us by Phone #
If you prefer to speak with a representative directly, you can reach us at +1 801-642-4655. Our attentive team is available to take your calls from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
Free Support #
If you’ve purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, rest assured that they provide first-level support at no additional cost. Partners have access to 100% free technical assistance and actively participate in the troubleshooting process.
VoIPTools customers enjoy access to our online manuals and receive support through emails (with responses within one business day) and live chat. However, please note that we do not provide remote server login assistance.
Paid Support #
For a more hands-on experience, consider our “Installation Support” package. Our expert support team can log in to your servers, and install and configure all our tools. This comprehensive service includes setting up SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if necessary. We’ll work closely with you to tailor our applications to meet your requirements.
We’re committed to providing top-notch support to ensure your VoIPTools experience is smooth and hassle-free. Contact us today, and let us assist you in making the most of our powerful tools!