Before you begin with the installation steps mentioned in this guide, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below for installing 3CX Profile Manager.
1. 3CX Version V18
2. Windows 10 or above / Windows Server 2012 (64 bit) or above
3. Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or above (Including the free SQL Express edition)
4. .Net 4.7.2 or above
5. Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.2 or above
• When installing SQL Server, we recommend you install it in “Mixed Mode” to include SQL Authentication, and install SQL Management Studio
• When installing IIS, be sure to install Basic Authentication, .Net Extensibility, and ASP.Net 4.X
You can order 3CX Profile Manager on-line at https://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.
There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing 3CX Profile Manager. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server
Install 3CX Profile Manager
Run the setup program named ProfileManagerInstaller.exe and then follow the instructions as mentioned in the manual.
Register Your License Key
You must register your license key to activate 3CX Profile Manager. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.
Step By Step Installation Procedure #
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process:
Step 1: Download ‘3CX Profile Manager’.
You can locate the software download link included in your order confirmation email. As an alternative, you can also find the link from your order history on our website.
Step 2: Install Prerequisites
Click on the software installer that was downloaded in step 1 above. The installation wizard will automatically identify the needed prerequisites and assist you with the install of the prerequisites needed to run ‘3CX Profile Manager’. These include .NET Framework (Web Installer), SQL Server Express (Web Installer) and, SQL Server Management Studio.
1). Click the downloaded installer executable to launch the Prerequisites Setup Wizard and click Next.
Figure 1: Prerequisites Setup Wizard
2). In the Prerequisites window, the installer will identify the missing prerequisites. It is important that you install all the required prerequisites. However, you can select/unselect the applications to be installed based on your unique requirements. Click Next to continue.
Figure 2: Select Prerequisites to Install
Figure 3: Prerequisites Installation in progress
4). If you have selected to install “SQL Server Express”, the Microsoft SQL Server License Terms page will display. Click Accept to acknowledge the license terms and continue.
Figure 4: SQL Server Express: Accept License Terms
5). In the next window, the Media Location field displays the SQL Server Media target location. If required, you can browse to change the location. Click Install to begin the installation of SQL Server Express.
Figure 5: SQL Server Express: Target Location
6. Once the prerequisites are installed successfully, click Close.
Figure 6: SQL Server Express: Installed Successfully
7. Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio begins to install. Once the installation is complete, click Next
Figure 7: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio: Installation in progress
8. In the confirmation message box, click Yes to reboot the computer.
Figure 8: SQL Server Express: Reboot your computer
Step 3: Start the installation process
1). After all the prerequisites are installed, the 3CX Profile Manager Setup Wizard appears. Click Next to Continue.
Figure 9: 3CX Profile Manager Setup Wizard
2). On the Select Installation Folder window, the Folder field displays the location where the ‘3CX Profile Manager’ will be installed. Note that you cannot change the path.
Figure 10: Installation Folder Location
3). Click Next to continue.
Step 4: Test Relay Settings
- In the 3CX Relay Services window, in the Relay Host field, enter the IP address or FQDN of your 3CX server.
- Enter 8801 in the Relay Port field.
- Enter the public key you took from VoIPTools Relay services in the Public Key text area.
- Click the Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Profile Manager’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
- If the ‘3CX Profile Manager’ is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK. If the test fails, you will not be able to continue until communication with the relay is established.
Click Next to continue with the installation.
If the test was unsuccessful:
(1) confirm you have the correct firewall port open (default TCP 8801) on the 3CX server and the firewall protecting the 3CX server.
(2) confirm that you have entered the correct IP address / FQDN for the 3CX server.
(3) confirm that 3CX Profile Manager and the Relay are using the same port and protocol.
Step 5: Configure the database
When configuring 3CX Profile Manager, select an existing Microsoft SQL Server instance in your environment. The database server can be a remote SQL Server (How-to configure SQL Server to permit remote connections), or a local instance running on the VoIPTools server.
1). On the SQL Database window, in the Server field, select the desired instance of SQL Server
We encourage you to use SQL Authentication rather than Windows authentication. Many of our tools leverage a Call Flow Designer (CFD) application running on the 3CX. Frequently our CFD applications require access to a SQL database. If the 3CX server and the database server are not in an Active Directory domain, Windows authentication will fail. To use SQL authentication, your SQL Server must be configured to run in “Mixed Mode”. If you installed SQL Server with one of our tools, we configure SQL in “Mixed Mode”.
Figure 14: SQL Authentication
2). To use SQL Authentication, be sure to uncheck the Trusted Connection checkbox.
3). In the Username and Password fields, enter valid SQL login account credentials
Figure 15: Configure Database
4). To use Windows Integrated Authentication (not recommended), check the Trusted Connection (Windows integrated authentication) checkbox.
5). In the Database field, the installer will automatically display the default database name. We encourage you to use the default name. If you are upgrading or reinstalling 3CX Profile Manager, select the existing database name from the list.
6). Click the Test Sql Connection button to confirm connectivity to SQL Server and then click Next to continue.
Figure 16: Test SQL Connection
Step 6: Installing 3CX Profile Manager
1). In the Ready to Install window, click Install to start the installation of the ‘3CX Profile Manager’.
Figure 17: Install 3CX Profile Manager
Figure 18: Installation of ‘3CX Profile Manager’ in Progress
3). Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
Figure 19: Installation Complete
Web Portal #
To access the ‘3CX Profile Manager’ web portal, click on the desktop icon that was created during the installation process (‘3CX Profile Manager’ Web).
Login to Web Portal
When connecting to the web portal, you will be asked to provide login credentials.
1. In the Extension field, enter your 3CX extension number
2. In the PIN field, enter your 3CX voicemail PIN
3. Click the Login button to login to your account
Figure 20: 3CX Profile Manager Web Portal Login
As a ‘System Administrator’, you can add/modify profiles. As a ‘Queue Manager’, you can only view the ready-only profile data.
License: Register Software #
Registration is required to authorize your license key. Registering also makes it possible for VoIPTools to provide a replacement key if your license key is ever lost. Also, it enables VoIPTools to notify you of any product updates, and reminders if your key is reaching the renewal date.
1. Click License tab and enter registration information.
2. Click Register
Figure 21: Register Software
3. Once the registration is successful, Success message appears. Click close.
Figure 22: Success message box
As a System Administrator, you can configure a profile by simply adding desired queues, extension groups and ring groups. When you add a user to a specific profile, the user will be automatically added to all the queues, extension groups and ring groups associated to that profile.
Figure 23: Profiles Screen
Create a Profile #
1. In the Profiles screen, and beside Profiles, click Add button and then enter the name for the new profile.
2. Click Save Changes. The Profiles grid displays the new profile.
3. In the Queues grid, select the desired queues that you want to associate to the profile.
4. In the Extension Groups grid, select the desired extension groups that you want to associate to the profile.
5. In the Ring Groups grid, select the desired ring groups that you want to associate to the profile.
6. Click Save Profile. The selected queues, extension groups and ring groups will be associated to the profile.
Modify a Profile #
1. In the Profiles screen, select the desired profile that you want to modify.
2. In the Queues grid, select/unselect the desired queues.
3. In the Extension Groups grid, select/unselect the desired extension groups.
4. In the Ring Groups grid, select/unselect the desired ring groups.
5. Click Save Profile. All the users associated to the profile will be added/removed from the selected/unselected queues, extension groups and ring groups respectively.
The ‘Users’ screen displays all the users and their associated profiles, along with respective read-only profile data. As a system administrator, you can associate/dissociate a user from a profile.
Figure 24: Users Screen
Associate/Dissociate User from Profile #
1. In the Users screen, select the desired user to view the associated profile.
2. To associate a user to a specific profile:
a). From the Users grid, select the desired user whom you want to associate to a profile.
b). From the Profiles grid, select the desired profile that you want to associate to the selected user. The user will be automatically added to the respective queues, extension groups and ring groups associated to the selected profile
3. To dissociate a user from a profile:
a). From the Users grid, select the desired user whom you want to dissociate from a profile.
b). From the Profiles grid, select the desired profile that you want to dissociate from the selected user. The user will be automatically removed from all the respective queues, extension groups and ring groups associated to the selected profile
3. Click Assign Profile.
Modify Agent Skill Level #
You can modify agent skills on a scale of 1 to 5 provided that the ‘Queue Polling Strategy’ of the skill is set to ‘Skill Based Routing’.
1. In the Skill field of the respective Queue, enter the value on a scale of 1 to 5.
2. Click Save Changes.
Visit our website to access our on-line manuals and receive quick answers to most of your questions. Otherwise, you can contact us by phone, email, live chat and on the VoIPTools forums.
• Support Hours (USA and India)
Our team is ready to assist you with answers to your technical questions and we now offer 24/7, 365 days a year.
• Windows Event Log (Applications and Services ? VoIPTools)
The Windows Event Log lists various errors, information messages and warnings related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. The data here can be used for troubleshooting various application errors.
Our forum is intended for VoIPTools customers to collaborate on real-life challenges, solutions and best practices. You can participate on our forum at: https://www.voiptools.com/community/
• Submit a Bug
If you suspect a bug in any of our VoIPTools products, you can bring it to our notice by reporting your issue at: https://www.voiptools.com/report-a-bug/
• Live Chat
Our chat support team is ready to acknowledge your queries in real-time. You can start a live chat with us by simply clicking on the Live Chat button at the lower right corner of our web page.
You can email us at: email@example.com. Be sure to describe your issue in detail. We’ll get back to you within one business day of receiving your request.
You can call us at +1 801-642-4655 to reach a representative. VoIPTools will accept calls at this number from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
• Support Services
If you purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, your Partner will provide first level support. Partners have access to 100% free technical support, provided they participate actively in the troubleshooting process.
VoIPTools customers have access to our on-line manuals and we will respond to emails (next business day) and live chat, but we will not login to your servers remotely.
If you purchase “Installation Support’ our support team can login to your servers and install and configure all our tools for you. This includes installing SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if required. Our team will work with you to configure our applications to best meet your needs.