Effortlessly Manage Queue Overflow with 3CX Queue Notifier (Chime)
The 3CX Queue Notifier (Chime) is a 3CX add-on designed to alert you audibly when the queue becomes crowded. Easily set a maximum threshold for queue size or hold time, and when the limit is reached, an attention-grabbing chime will sound, ensuring you never miss a beat. Originally created for florist shops and small businesses with multitasking employees, this indispensable tool allows your staff to focus on their tasks without constantly checking their phones. By integrating it with your overhead paging system or phone speakers, you can play a distinct chime indicating the queue length, or use a text-to-speech message for queue information. With our 3CX Queue Notifier (Chime), you can streamline operations and improve customer satisfaction, never overlooking waiting customers again. Don’t wait, get this ingenious solution today.
Why Choose 3CX Queue Notifier? #
|PERSONALIZED ALERTS||Enhance your office ambiance with personalized audio alerts. Choose from classic chimes or create unique custom alarms and easily broadcast them through your overhead speakers.|
|EFFICIENT QUEUE MONITORING||Effortlessly manage multiple call queues with personalized limits and configurations for each, ensuring seamless and efficient operations.|
|INCREASED MULTI-TASKING CAPABILITIES||The Queue Notifier is beneficial for small businesses and multitasking industries, enabling employees to concentrate on essential tasks without continuous phone checking. The chime or announcement serves as an alert, ensuring they are promptly notified when attention is needed.|
|MINIMIZED WAIT TIMES||By establishing a maximum threshold for the queue’s capacity or the maximum hold time, you can proactively manage potential bottlenecks. With the 3CX Queue Notifier, you gain the ability to promptly intervene, minimizing wait times, and ensuring a seamless customer flow.|
|USER-FRIENDLY CUSTOMIZATIONS||Explore the convenience of our intuitive web portal, designed for ease of use. It requires no technical expertise, allowing you to effortlessly customize settings and make adjustments with just a few clicks on our accessible web-based platform.|
|ELIMINATE MISSED CALLS||Ensure your agents remain informed and prepared to serve by employing attention-grabbing chimes to prompt their log-ins to queues, bidding farewell to missed opportunities. Guarantee that each call is promptly answered, leaving no potential client to slip through the cracks.|
|SEAMLESS INTEGRATION||The 3CX Queue Notifier integrates smoothly with your current overhead paging system or phone speakers, ensuring a trouble-free implementation. You can conveniently configure and personalize the notifications according to your specific needs.|
Before you begin with the installation steps mentioned in this guide, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below for installing 3CX Queue Notifier.
- 3CX Version V18 (Professional or Enterprise Version Only)
- Windows 10 or above / Windows Server 2012 or above
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or above (Including the free SQL Express edition)
- .Net 4.7.2 or above
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.0 or above
- Installation on a domain controller is not supported
- Port number 6900 opened on your device.
- When installing SQL Server, we recommend you install it in “Mixed Mode” to include SQL Authentication, and install SQL Management Studio
- When installing IIS, be sure to install Basic Authentication, .Net Extensibility, and ASP.Net 4.X
Installation overview #
|DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE||You can order 3CX Queue Notifier online at https://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.|
|INSTALL PREREQUISIT3ES||There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing the 3CX Queue Notifier. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server|
|INSTALL 3CX QUEUE NOTIFIER||This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install 3CX Queue Notifier. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named QueueNotifierInstaller.exe|
|REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE||You must register your license key to activate 3CX Queue Notifier. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.|
Step-by-step Installation Procedure #
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process:
Step 1: Download 3CX Queue Notifier (Server) #
- Find the software download link in the Order Confirmation Email, or you can find it in your order history on our website and download the 3CX Queue Notifier (Server) application.
- In the Microsoft Defender SmartScreen, click the More Info option.
- Click the Run Anyway option to start the installation.
Step 2: Install Prerequisites #
Click on the software installer that was downloaded in Step 1 above. The installation wizard will automatically identify the needed prerequisites and assist you with the installation of the prerequisites needed to run the ‘3CX Queue Notifier’. These include .NET Framework (Web Installer), SQL Server Express (Web Installer), and, SQL Server Management Studio.
- Click the downloaded installer executable to launch the Prerequisites Setup Wizard and click Next.
- In the Prerequisites window, the installer will identify the missing prerequisites. It is important that you install all the required prerequisites. However, you can select/unselect the applications to be installed based on your unique requirements. Click Next to continue.
- If you have selected to install “SQL Server Express”, the Microsoft SQL Server License Terms page will display. Click Accept to acknowledge the license terms and continue.
- In the next window, the Media Location field displays the SQL Server Media target location. If required, you can browse to change the location. Click Install to begin the installation of SQL Server Express.
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio begins to install. Once the installation is complete, click Next
Figure 10: SQL Server Express: Reboot your computer
Step 3: Start the installation process #
- After all the prerequisites are installed, the 3CX Queue Notifier Setup Wizard appears. Click Next to Continue.
- On the Select Installation Folder window, the Folder field displays the location where the ‘3CX Queue Notifier’ will be installed. Note that you cannot change the path.
- Click Next to continue with the installation.
Step 4: Test Relay Settings #
- In the 3CX Relay Services window, in the Relay Host field, enter the FQDN of your 3CX server.
- Enter 8801 in the Relay Port field.
- Enter the public key you took from VoIPTools Relay services in the Public Key text area.
- Click the Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Auto Logout’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
- If the ‘3CX Auto Logout’ is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK. If the test fails, you will not be able to continue until communication with the relay is established.
- Click Next to continue with the installation.
- You must set the Relay Port to 8801.
- If the Relay test fails, you cannot continue the installation until you establish communication with the Relay. Confirm the following if the test was unsuccessful:
- Confirm you have the correct firewall port open (default TCP 8801) on the 3CX server and the firewall protecting the 3CX server.
- Confirm that you have entered the correct FQDN for the 3CX server.
- Confirm that the 3CX Auto Logout and Relay use the same port and protocol.
Step 5: Configure the database #
When configuring 3CX Queue Notifier, select an existing Microsoft SQL Server instance in your environment. The database server can be a remote SQL Server or a local instance running on the VoIPTools server.
- On the SQL Database window, in the Server field, select the desired instance of SQL Server
We encourage you to use SQL Authentication rather than Windows authentication. Many of our tools leverage a Call Flow Designer (CFD) application running on the 3CX. Frequently our CFD applications require access to a SQL database. If the 3CX server and the database server are not in an Active Directory domain, Windows authentication will fail. To use SQL authentication, your SQL Server must be configured to run in “Mixed Mode”. If you installed SQL Server with one of our tools, we configure SQL in “Mixed Mode”.
- To use SQL Authentication, be sure to uncheck the Trusted Connection checkbox.
- In the Username and Password fields, enter valid SQL login account credentials.
- To use Windows Integrated Authentication (not recommended), check the Trusted Connection (Windows integrated authentication) checkbox.
- In the Database field, the installer will automatically display the default database name. We encourage you to use the default name. If you are upgrading or reinstalling 3CX Queue Notifier, select the existing database name from the list.
- Click the Test Sql Connection button to confirm connectivity to SQL Server and then click Next to continue.
Step 6: Installing 3CX Queue Notifier #
- In the Ready to Install window, click Install to start the installation of the ‘3CX Queue Notifier’.
- Once the installation is complete, check Launch 3CX Queue Notifier check box and then click Finish. The 3CX Queue Notifier configuration screen opens. If you want to simply close the installer without opening the configuration screen, then simply uncheck Launch 3CX Queue Notifier check box and then click Finish.
Step 7: Register your software #
To ensure the authorization of your license key, it is necessary to complete the registration process. By registering with VoIPTools, you gain access to a range of benefits:
|Key Replacement Assistance||In the unfortunate event of a lost license key, registering with VoIPTools lets us provide you with a replacement key promptly.|
|Product Updates and Reminders||By registering, you will receive timely notifications from VoIPTools regarding any product updates. Additionally, we will send reminders when your key is nearing its renewal date, ensuring uninterrupted access to our services.s|
Follow the procedure to register your software,
- Click the Queue Notifier desktop icon to launch the Queue Notifier Web application.
- On the Login page, do the following tasks,
- In the Extension field, enter your 3CX extension number.
- In the PIN field, enter your 3CX voicemail PIN.
- Check to Remember Me checkbox if you do not want to enter your username and password each time you log in to the application.
- Click the Login button to log in to your account
- On the License screen, enter your registration information in all the fields (Note the red dot denotes a required field).
- Click Register to complete your registration.
Web Portal #
To access the ‘3CX Queue Notifier’ web portal, click on the desktop icon that was created during the installation process (3CX Queue Notifier).
The Settings screen enables you to start or stop a service, configure 3CX paging dial code that allows you to play notifications through your phone speakers and customize brand settings.
Hover the mouse over the Settings tab to display the dropdown menu with the following menu options:
|General Settings||Start or stop service and configure 3CX paging dial code|
|Site Settings||Customize branding settings for the application|
|Audio Path Settings||Set the audio path|
General Settings #
The General Settings enable you to start or stop service and configure 3CX paging dial code that allows you to play notifications through your phone speakers.
Service Status #
|Start/ Stop|| A Windows Service (3CX Queue Notifier) runs in the background monitoring for active calls. You can monitor the status of this service here (Running, Stopped, Unknown).|
NOTE: Every time you change the settings in the ‘Settings’ screen or ‘Queues’ screen, you should stop and then restart the Windows Service (3CX Queue Notifier) to apply the changes.
|Refresh||The ‘Refresh’ link will update the status if changes to the service status were made directly in the Windows Service Snap-in.|
3CX Settings #
This section enables you to configure 3CX paging dial code. If you wish to play notifications through the speakers of your phones, you can cause the phones to automatically answer and play the notifications by prepending the 3CX paging dial code.
Click here to know how to set paging dial codes in 3CX.
Site Settings #
Site Settings enable you to customize branding settings for the application that includes the following:
- Customize the gradient color of the ‘Application Header’
- Customize grid color in screens that display grid data
- Customize the logo on the ‘Application Header’
- Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ on the ‘Application Header’
Follow the procedure to open the Site Settings screen,
- Hover over the mouse on the Settings tab.
- In the Settings drop-down menu, select Site Settings.
- Perform any of the desired customizations and click the Apply button to save your customizations.
Customize Application Title Header – Gradient Color #
- In the Header Colour section do the following,
- Select the top paint from the Top Colour color palette.
- Select the bottom paint from the Bottom Colour color palette.
- Click Apply to Save the settings.
Customize Grid Color #
- From the Grid Color palette, select the color that you want to display for the grid in screens that display grid data
- Click Apply to save your settings.
Customize Logo #
- If you are uploading the logo for the first time then,
- In the Custom Logo section, click Chose File button to choose a logo from your device.
- Select the uploaded logo from the Select Logo dropdown list.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
- If your have uploaded the logo,
Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ Text #
- In the Header Title field, enter the text that you want the application to display as a ‘prefix’ for the existing title in the application header.
- Click Apply to save the header title prefix.
The final result of the page when you do all the customizations,
Audio Path Settings #
The Audio Path settings enable you to configure the audio path according to your preferences. You have the option to either utilize the default audio path, where you can conveniently download and locate your audio files, or you can specify a custom audio path of your choice.
Find your Audio files: #
Follow the procedure to find your audio files,
- In the Settings menu, select the Audio Path Settings option.
- Copy the default audio path.
- and paste the address in the Address field on your device to find the Queue Notifier audio files.
Change the Audio path: #
To change the audio path, follow the procedure,
- Right-click the desired folder on your device to open the Right Click menu and select the Properties option.
- On the top menu click the Security tab.
- Click the Edit button to edit the permissions.
- Select the Full Control check box.
- In the top menu select the General tab and copy the folder location.
- Switch to Queue Notifier (Server) web application and paste the folder path in the Audio Path field. Click Save to save the audio path.
The above steps are applicable when you create a folder in any of the local disks in you device. The folders created in the desktop has full control by default.
The Queues screen allows you to configure several important settings. You can set the maximum wait time for callers, specify the maximum number of calls allowed in the queue, and designate the paging extension that should be notified when the uploaded audio file is played.
Field Definitions #
|COLUMN NAME||TASK DONE||PURPOSE OF THE TASK|
|MONITOR||Select the checkbox||Activates the queue notification for the selected extensions|
|DESKTOP NOTIFY||Select the checkbox||Enables notifications on your desktop|
|3CX QUEUES/RING GROUPS|
|Ext||Enter the extension number||Activates the queue notification for the mentioned extensions of the selected group|
|Queue/Ring Group Name||Select the Queue/Ring Group from the dropdown||Activates the queue notification for the selected groups|
|PAGING EXTENSION||Select the Paging Extension from the dropdown list.||Notifies the selected user extension.|
|Text-To-Speech||Enter the text that you want to play as audio||Plays the text as audio.|
|Pre-Recorded Audio File||Select the uploaded audio file from the dropdown list.||Plays the pre-recorded audio file|
|INTERCOM||Select the checkbox||Configures queue notification based on the max time wait of a caller in the queue|
|FREQUENCY||Enter the time (in seconds).||Repeats the queue notification after the set frequency.|
|MAX TIME WAIT|
|Max Wait||Enter the Max Wait time (in seconds)||The maximum time a caller can wait in the queue, after which, the paging extension receives queue notification|
|Notify By||Select the desired notification type from the dropdown list.||Notifies by the selected method when the max wait time is reached.|
|MAX CALLS IN QUEUE|
|Max Calls||Enter the maximum number of callers you want to wait in the queue.||The maximum number of callers waiting in the queue after which, the paging extension receives queue notification.|
|Notify By||Select the desired notification type from the dropdown list.||Notifies by the selected method when the maximum number of callers waiting in the queue is reached.|
Upload an audio file #
Follow the procedure to upload a pre-recorded audio file,
- In the Queues screen, click the Browse button.
- Select the audio files you want to upload from your local device.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
You can see your audio file in the Pre-recorded Audio File column,
The security screen enables you to configure ‘Services Credentials.
Services Credentials #
If for some reason you need a custom account instead of the VoIPToys user, you can set it up here. This will change the user on the Windows service and the AppPool for the website as well as create a SQL user for the Windows account.
Follow the procedure to create a custom account,
- On the Security tab, in the Services Credentials section, select any of the following boxes,
- Active Directory User: If you are using a domain account.
- Local User: If you are using a local user account.
- Enter the domain name of your account in the Domain field.
- Enter the user name of your account in the User Name field.
- Enter your password in the Password field.
- Click Test Access to test your credentials or you can click the Save button to save your credentials.
Note that using a local user is only applicable if the application is installed on the same machine as the SQL server.
|DOMAIN||If using a domain account, enter the domain name. If using a local user account, enter the name of the server where the local user resides.|
|USER NAME||Valid username of the account.|
|PASSWORD||The password is associated with the specified user name.|
|TEST ACCESS||Lets you test whether the account is valid.|
|SAVE||The password that is associated with the specified user name.|
Need Support? #
You get quick answers to most of your inquiries in our online manual. If you prefer direct contact, we offer various support channels, including phone, email, live chat, and our helpful VoIPTools forums.
24/7 Support Availability #
Rest assured, our dedicated team is here to assist you around the clock, every day of the year. Whether you’re based in the USA or India, we’re ready to provide prompt responses to your technical queries.
Windows Event Log for VoIPTools Applications and Services #
For troubleshooting any application errors, our Windows Event Log contains a comprehensive list of error messages, warnings, and informative notes related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. It’s a valuable resource to help you pinpoint and resolve any issues you may encounter.
Real-Time Live Chat Assistance #
Got questions that need immediate answers? Our chat support team is available to assist you in real-time. Just click on the Live Chat button located at the lower right corner of our website, and we’ll acknowledge your queries right away.
Efficient Email Support #
To ensure a thorough understanding of your concerns, feel free to email us at email@example.com. Describe your issue in detail, and we’ll get back to you within one business day with the support you need.
Reach Us by Phone #
If you prefer to speak with a representative directly, you can reach us at +1 801-642-4655. Our attentive team is available to take your calls from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
Free Support #
If you’ve purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, rest assured that they provide first-level support at no additional cost. Partners have access to 100% free technical assistance and actively participate in the troubleshooting process.
VoIPTools customers enjoy access to our online manuals and receive support through emails (with responses within one business day) and live chat. However, please note that we do not provide remote server login assistance.
Paid Support #
For a more hands-on experience, consider our “Installation Support” package. Our expert support team can log in to your servers, and install and configure all our tools for you. This comprehensive service includes setting up SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if necessary. We’ll work closely with you to tailor our applications to best meet your specific requirements.
We’re committed to providing top-notch support to ensure your VoIPTools experience is smooth and hassle-free. Contact us today, and let us assist you in making the most of our powerful tools!