Experience the Power of 3CX Queues Wallboard for Seamless Agent Monitoring
Explore the capabilities of the 3CX Queues Wallboard, a powerful tool offering real-time, consolidated data for your organization. With dynamic filtering, access precise information about your agents and callers effortlessly. This web-based application seamlessly integrates into your workflow, ensuring accessibility from any device. Benefit from features like Idle Time Presence calculations, Agent Statuses for swift decision-making, and seamless Agent Whispering, Call Barging and Call Listening for efficient communication. Keep track of calls with Call Tracking and maximize productivity with Call Grouping. Elevate your efficiency, empower your agents, and provide exceptional caller experiences.
Why Choose 3CX Queues Wallboard? #
|REAL-TIME AGENT STATUSES||Stay informed about your agents’ activities, tracking their call handling status in real-time. Access immediate information on agents currently engaged in calls, those available, and those unavailable.|
|EFFORTLESSLY MONITOR CALLS||Efficiently monitor and handle incoming calls by tracking their waiting duration and time spent within the phone system. Maintain oversight of call queues to ensure smooth operations.|
|ENHANCED FILTER CONTROLS||You can modify your display by applying filters to queues, groups, and individual agents within those groups. Effectively oversee incoming calls across all queues or concentrate on particular queues that need your immediate attention.|
|SEAMLESS INTERACTION WITH AGENTS||You can manage your agents’ activities efficiently through a single, user-friendly interface. From this interface, you can log agents in or out, modify their status, and communicate with them discreetly. Additionally, you have the capability to listen to their calls or join in if required.|
|OPTIMIZE YOUR QUEUES||Optimize your call handling procedures using the efficiency of 3CX Queues Wallboard. Stay updated, enhance call management, and ensure a smooth experience for agents and customers alike.|
Before you begin with the installation steps mentioned in this guide, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below for installing 3CX Queues Wallboard.
- 3CX Version V18
- Windows 10 or above / Windows Server 2012 (64 bit) or above
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or above (Including the free SQL Express edition)
- .Net 4.7.2 or above
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.2 or above
- Port number 7950 opened on your device.
- When installing SQL Server, we recommend you install it in “Mixed Mode” to include SQL Authentication, and install SQL Management Studio
- When installing IIS, be sure to install Basic Authentication, .Net Extensibility, and ASP.Net 4.X
Installation overview #
|DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE||You can order 3CX Queues Wallboard online at https://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.|
|INSTALL PREREQUISITES||There are several prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing the 3CX Queues Wallboard. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server|
|INSTALL 3CX QUEUES WALLBOARD||This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install 3CX Queues Wallboard. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named QueuesWallboardInstaller.exe|
|REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE||You must register your license key to activate 3CX Queues Wallboard. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.|
Step By Step Installation Procedure #
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process:
Step 1: Download 3CX Queues Wallboard #
- Find the software download link in the Order Confirmation Email, or you can find it in your order history on our website and download the 3CX Queues Wallboard application.
- In the Microsoft Defender SmartScreen, click the More Info option.
- Click the Run Anyway option to start the installation.
Step 2: Install Prerequisites #
Click on the software installer that was downloaded in Step 1 above. The installation wizard will automatically identify the needed prerequisites and assist you with the installation of the prerequisites needed to run ‘3CX Queues Wallboard’. These include .NET Framework (Web Installer), SQL Server Express (Web Installer) and, SQL Server Management Studio.
- Click the downloaded installer executable to launch the Prerequisites Setup Wizard and click Next.
- In the Prerequisites window, the installer will identify the missing prerequisites. It is important that you install all the required prerequisites. However, you can select/unselect the applications to be installed based on your unique requirements. Click Next to continue.
The installer will download and install the selected applications. This may take several minutes to complete.
- If you have selected to install “SQL Server Express”, the Microsoft SQL Server License Terms page will display. Click Accept to acknowledge the license terms and continue.
- In the next window, the Media Location field displays the SQL Server Media target location. If required, you can browse to change the location. Click Install to begin the installation of SQL Server Express.
- Once the prerequisites are installed successfully, click Close.
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio begins to install. Once the installation is complete, click Next.
Step 3: Start the installation process #
- After all the prerequisites are installed, the 3CX Queues Wallboard Setup Wizard appears. Click Next to Continue.
- On the Select Installation Folder window, the Folder field displays the location where the ‘3CX Queues Wallboard’ will be installed. Note that you cannot change the path.
- Click Next to continue with the installation.
Step 4: Test Relay Settings #
- In the 3CX Relay Services window, in the Relay Host field, enter the FQDN of your 3CX server.
- Enter 8801 in the Relay Port field.
- Enter the public key you took from VoIPTools Relay services in the Public Key text area.
- Click the Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Queues Wallboard’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
- If the ‘3CX Queues Wallboard’ is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK. If the test fails, you will not be able to continue until communication with the relay is established.
- Click Next to continue with the installation.
If the test was unsuccessful:
- confirm you have the correct firewall port open (default TCP 8801) on the 3CX server and the firewall protecting the 3CX server.
- confirm that you have entered the correct FQDN for the 3CX server.
- confirm that 3CX Queues Wallboard and the Relay are using the same port and protocol.
Step 5: Configure the database #
When configuring 3CX Queues Wallboard, select an existing Microsoft SQL Server instance in your environment. The database server can be a remote SQL Server or a local instance running on the VoIPTools server.
- On the SQL Database window, in the Server field, select the desired instance of SQL Server
We encourage you to use SQL Authentication rather than Windows authentication. Many of our tools leverage a Call Flow Designer (CFD) application running on the 3CX. Frequently our CFD applications require access to a SQL database. If the 3CX server and the database server are not in an Active Directory domain, Windows authentication will fail. To use SQL authentication, your SQL Server must be configured to run in “Mixed Mode”. If you installed SQL Server with one of our tools, we configure SQL in “Mixed Mode”.
- To use SQL Authentication, be sure to uncheck the Trusted Connection checkbox.
- In the Username and Password fields, enter valid SQL login account credentials
- To use Windows Integrated Authentication (not recommended), check the Trusted Connection (Windows integrated authentication) checkbox.
- In the Database field, the installer will automatically display the default database name. We encourage you to use the default name. If you are upgrading or reinstalling 3CX Queues Wallboard, select the existing database name from the list.
- In the Test SQL Connection section, click the TOOL button to confirm connectivity to SQL Server and then click Next to continue.
Step 6: Installing 3CX Queues Wallboard #
- In the Ready to Install window, click Install to start the installation of the ‘3CX Queues Wallboard’.
Step 7: Register your Software #
To ensure the authorization of your license key, it is necessary to complete the registration process. By registering with VoIPTools, you gain access to a range of benefits:
|Key Replacement Assistance||In the unfortunate event of a lost license key, registering with VoIPTools lets us provide you with a replacement key promptly.|
|Product Updates and Reminders||By registering, you will receive timely notifications from VoIPTools regarding any product updates. Additionally, we will send reminders when your key is nearing its renewal date, ensuring uninterrupted access to our services.s|
Follow the procedure to register your software,
- Click the 3CX Queues Wallboard desktop icon to open the web application.
- On the Login page, do the following tasks,
- In the Extension field, enter your 3CX extension number.
- In the PIN field, enter your 3CX voicemail PIN.
- Click the Login button to log in to your account
By default, when a user logs in for the first time, all the options will be selected in the ‘Queues’ and ‘Wallboard’ page. Based on the user’s requirement, if any options are unselected, the settings will be saved and the same will be reflected at next login.
- On the top menu bar, click the License tab.
- Click the License tab and enter registration information and click Register to complete the registration.
Web Portal #
To access the ‘3CX Queues Wallboard’ web portal, click on the desktop icon that was created during the installation process (‘3CX Queues Wallboard’ Web).
Login Privileges: #
You can log in to the 3CX Queues Wallboard as a Manager and as an Agent. An Agent has access only to the Wallboard tab, Queues tab, and About tab.
As a Manager, you have access to all the tabs in the 3CX Queues Wallboard.
The Wallboard screen allows you to easily view real-time information related to queues.
The queue information includes:
- The active calls in any queue
- The active non-queue calls
- The idle extensions in any queue
- The unavailable extensions
- The logged out (removed from all queues) or unregistered extensions
- Status of idle, unavailable and logged-out extensions
The filters enable you to view the real time queue call data for desired queues, extension groups or agents by simply selecting the desired options from the respective dropdowns. You can also select/hide desired grid in the window.
- From the Queues dropdown list, select the desired queue so that the Wallboard screen displays queue call data associated to the selected queue.
- From the Ext Groups dropdown list, select the desired extension groups so that the Wallboard screen displays queue call data associated to the selected extension groups and queues.
- From the Agents dropdown list, select the desired agents so that the Wallboard screen displays queue call data associated to the selected extension groups, queues and agents.
- From the Columns dropdown list, select desired columns that you want to display in the Wallboard screen.
Queue Calls #
The ‘Queue Calls’ grid displays real-time active queue calls. As a manager, you can manage an active queue call through various call controls. For that, simply right-click on the desired active queue call and then select the desired call control option.
- In the Queue Calls grid and on the desired active queue call, right-click to display menu.
- Point to Presence and then select desired Queue Call Status.
|Available||The extension exists in the queue and is available for queue calls, the extension is moved to the Idle column.|
|Away||The extension exists in any of the queues but is currently not available for queue calls, the extension is moved to Unavailable.|
Do Not Disturb
|Case 1: If the extension exists in any of the queue and the status is set to Do Not Disturb, then the extension is moved to the Unavailable column.|
Case 2: If the extension does not exist in any of the queues and the status is set to Do Not Disturb, then the extension is moved to Logged out/Unregistered column.
|Lunch||The extension exists in any of the queues but is currently not available for queue calls, the extension is moved to the Unavailable column.|
|Business Trip||Case 1: If the extension exists in any of the queues and the status is set to Business Trip, then the extension is moved to the Unavailable column.|
Case 2: If the extension does not exist in any of the queues and the status is set to Business Trip, then the extension is moved to Logged out/Unregistered column.
- Select Barge so that you can listen to active calls without the caller or agent knowing that it is under ‘silent call monitoring’. You can also barge into the call to speak with both the call participants.
- Select Whisper so that you can allow a new participant to barge into an active call and ‘whisper’ to the desired participant of the call. By doing so, the participant of the call will hear the ‘whisper’ from the new participant and be able to talk to the other participant of the call
- Select Listen so that you can listen to active calls without the caller or agent knowing that it is under ‘silent call monitoring’, However, you cannot speak to the call participants. In other words, it works just like ‘Barge’ option except that you cannot speak to the call participants.
- Select Queues so that you to transfer a call to another queue. Point to Queues and then in the submenu select the the desired queue to which you want to transfer the queue call.
- Select Drop so that you can disconnect an active participant from an active queue call. If this is the last participant, the call will be dropped.
- Select Transfer so that you to transfer a call to another number. In other words, it enables you to replace the current participant of the call with a new participant. Point to Transfer and then in the submenu select the desired extension to which you want to transfer the active queue call.
The ‘Idle’ grid displays extensions that are available for queue calls. You can control an idle extension by:
- Setting the call status
- Making a queue call.
- Transferring the extension to a different queue
Non-Queue Calls #
The ‘Non-Queue Calls’ grid displays real-time active inbound/outbound calls that are not in any queue.
The ‘Unavailable’ grid displays extensions that are present in a queue but are set to ‘Away’ status. You can make an ‘Unavailable’ extension as ‘Idle’ by simply setting its presence to ‘Available’. Changing the presence of ‘Unavailable’ extension to ‘Away/Do Not Disturb/Lunch/Business Trip’ will log out the extension from the queue and the extension will be displayed in the ‘Logged Out/Unregistered’ grid.
Logged Out/Unregistered #
The ‘Logged Out/Unregistered’ grid displays extensions that are not in any queue. You can move a logged out/unregistered extension into a queue and set its presence to either ‘Available’ to make it an ‘Idle’ extension or to ‘Away/Do Not Disturb/Lunch/Business Trip’ to make it an ‘Unavailable’ extension.
The Queues screen displays a list of selected queues and their calls waiting. Based on the configured wait-time thresholds, the call record will be displayed in either white, yellow, or red.
Settings menu #
The Settings menu lets you customize the website in Site settings and modify other settings in the General Settings.
General Settings #
The General settings let you to do the following functions,
Restrict access to context menus #
You can restrict the users from accessing the context menus and let only the Managers access them.
- On the Restrictions section, check the Only Managers Can Access Context Menus box to allow only the managers to access the context menu.
If you uncheck the Only Managers Can Access Context Menus box, the Agents can access the context menus.
Set Threshold time #
You can set different colors to identify the unattended calls that have reached the threshold time.
- In the Thresholds section,
- in the Yellow time box, set the desired time (in minutes) to display the queue call records in YELLOW when the unattended queue call reaches the set time
- in the Red time box, set the desired time (in minutes) to display the queue call records in RED when the unattended queue call reaches the set time
Set Font Size #
- On the Threshold section, in the Font Size field, enter the desired font to display the Queues screen as per the selected size.
Add Agents from 3CX #
- In the Threshold section, check the Add/Update Agents from 3CX box to add the agents from the 3CX Console Management.
Site Settings #
Site Settings enable you to customize branding settings for the application that include the following:
- Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ on the ‘Application Header’
- Customize logo on the ‘Application Header’
- Customize the gradient color of ‘Application Header’
- Customize grid color in screens that display grid data
- Custom Brand Settings
To configure your site display, follow the steps,
- On the top menu, click the Settings menu dropdown.
- In the dropdown, click the Site Settings option.
- Perform any of the desired customizations and click the Apply button to save your customizations.
Customize Application Title Header – Gradient Color #
- In the Header Colour section do the following,
- Select the top paint from the Top Colour color palette.
- Select the bottom paint from the Bottom Colour color palette.
- Click Apply to Save the settings.
Customize Grid Color #
- From the Grid Color palette, select the color that you want to display for the grid in screens that display grid data
- Click Apply to save your settings.
Customize Logo #
- If you are uploading the logo for the first time then,
- In the Custom Logo section, click Chose File button to choose a logo from your device.
- Select the uploaded logo from the Select Logo dropdown list.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
- If your have uploaded the logo,
- Select the uploaded logo from the Select Logo dropdown list.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ Text #
- In the Header Title field, enter the text that you want the application to display as a ‘prefix’ for the existing title in the application header.
- Click Apply to save the header title prefix.
The final result of the page when you do all the customizations,
Need Support? #
You get quick answers to most of your inquiries in our online manual. If you prefer direct contact, we offer various support channels, including phone, email, live chat, and our helpful VoIPTools forums.
24/7 Support Availability #
Rest assured, our dedicated team is here to assist you around the clock, every day of the year. Whether you’re based in the USA or India, we’re ready to provide prompt responses to your technical queries.
Windows Event Log for VoIPTools Applications and Services #
For troubleshooting any application errors, our Windows Event Log contains a comprehensive list of error messages, warnings, and informative notes related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. It’s a valuable resource to help you pinpoint and resolve any issues you may encounter.
Real-Time Live Chat Assistance #
Got questions that need immediate answers? Our chat support team is available to assist you in real-time. Just click on the Live Chat button located at the lower right corner of our website, and we’ll acknowledge your queries right away.
Efficient Email Support #
To ensure a thorough understanding of your concerns, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Describe your issue in detail, and we’ll get back to you within one business day with the support you need.
Reach Us by Phone #
If you prefer to speak with a representative directly, you can reach us at +1 801-642-4655. Our attentive team is available to take your calls from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
Free Support #
If you’ve purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, rest assured that they provide first-level support at no additional cost. Partners have access to 100% free technical assistance and actively participate in the troubleshooting process.
VoIPTools customers enjoy access to our online manuals and receive support through emails (with responses within one business day) and live chat. However, please note that we do not provide remote server login assistance.
Paid Support #
For a more hands-on experience, consider our “Installation Support” package. Our expert support team can log in to your servers, and install and configure all our tools for you. This comprehensive service includes setting up SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if necessary. We’ll work closely with you to tailor our applications to best meet your specific requirements.
We’re committed to providing top-notch support to ensure your VoIPTools experience is smooth and hassle-free. Contact us today, and let us assist you in making the most of our powerful tools!