- Step By Step Installation Procedure
- Web Portal
- Settings tab
Imagine yourself as an agent diligently attending to a queue call. As soon as you answer the call, a remarkable tool springs into action, playing a pre-recorded message tailored to your unique voice. This message may consist of a warm introduction, setting the stage for a pleasant conversation, or convey a vital notification required by regulations, informing the caller of the call recording process. With this ingenious tool at your disposal, every call receives the essential message effortlessly, sparing you from the repetitive task of uttering the same message repeatedly for each new call. Experience the efficiency and effectiveness of this tool, ensuring a seamless flow of interactions while optimizing your valuable time.
Why you need 3CX Agent Greetings #
|ENHANCED PROFESSIONALISM||Voiptools Agent Greetings enables businesses to deliver callers a polished and professional image.|
|IMPROVED CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE||By utilizing Voiptools Agent Greetings, you can ensure that callers are greeted promptly and directed to the appropriate department or agent.|
|TIME SAVING AUTOMATION||Automate routine tasks and provide self-service options to callers. This reduces the need for manual intervention and lets customers access relevant information|
|ENHANCED BRAND CONSISTENCY||Modify the application’s name, logo, and color scheme to effortlessly blend in with your desired theme. Your agents will be oblivious to the fact that you are utilizing a third-party application.|
Prior to commencing the installation steps provided in this guide, it is essential to confirm that your computer satisfies the minimum prerequisites outlined below for the installation of 3CX Agent Greeting.
- 3CX Version V18 (Professional or Enterprise Version Only)
- Windows 10 or above / Windows Server 2012 or above
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or above (Including the free SQL Express edition)
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.0 or above
- .Net 4.7.2 or above
- Port number 7800 opened on your device.
- When installing SQL Server, we recommend you install it in “Mixed Mode” to include SQL Authentication, and install SQL Management Studio
- When installing IIS, be sure to install Basic Authentication, .Net Extensibility, and ASP.Net 4.X
Installation overview #
|DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE||You can order 3CX Agent Greetings online at https://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.|
|INSTALL PREREQUISITES||There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing the 3CX Agent Greetings. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server|
|INSTALL 3CX AGENT GREETINGS||This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install 3CX Agent Greetings. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named AgentGreetingsInstaller.exe|
|REGISTER YOUR LICENSE KEY||You must register your license key to activate 3CX Agent Greetings. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.|
Step By Step Installation Procedure #
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process.
Step 1: Download 3CX Agent Greetings #
- Find the software download link in the Order Confirmation Email, or you can find it in your order history on our website and download the 3CX Agent Greeting application.
- In the Microsoft Defender SmartScreen, click the More Info option.
- Click the Run Anyway option to start the installation.
Step 2: Install the Prerequisites #
Click on the software installer downloaded in Step 1. The installation wizard will automatically identify the prerequisites and assist you with each installation required to 3CX Agent Greetings. It includes .NET Framework (Web Installer), SQL Server Express (Web Installer), and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Click the downloaded installer executable to launch the Prerequisites Setup Wizard and click Next.
- In the Prerequisites window, install all the required prerequisites identified by the installer, or select/ unselect the applications based on your requirements and click Next to continue.
The installer will download and install the selected applications. It may take several minutes to complete.
- The Microsoft SQL Server License Terms page gets displayed if you install SQL Server Express. Click Accept to acknowledge the license terms and continue.
- In the Media Location field, browse to change the location and click Install to begin the installation of SQL Server Express.
- Click Close when you install the prerequisites.
Installation is in progress. It may take several minutes to complete the installation.
- Click Yes in the Confirmation Message Box to reboot the computer.
Step 3: Start the installation process #
- Click Next on the 3CX Agent Greetings Setup Wizard screen.
- On the Select Installation Folder window, the Folder field displays the path where the 3CX Agent Greetings gets installed. You cannot change the location path.
- Click Next to continue
Step 4: Test Relay Settings #
- In the 3CX Relay Services window, in the Relay Host field, enter the FQDN of your 3CX server.
- Enter 8801 in the Relay Port field.
- Enter the public key you took from VoIPTools Relay services in the Public Key text area.
- Click the Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Agent Greetings’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
- If the ‘3CX Agent Greetings’ is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK. If the test fails, you will not be able to continue until communication with the relay is established.
- Click Next to continue with the installation.
- You must set the Relay Port to 8801.
- If the test was unsuccessful:
- Confirm you have the correct firewall port open (default TCP 8801) on the 3CX server and the firewall protecting the 3CX server.
- Confirm that you have entered the correct IP address / FQDN for the 3CX server.
- Confirm that the 3CX Agent Greetings and Relay use the same port and protocol.
If the Relay test fails, you cannot continue the installation until you establish communication with the Relay.
Step 5: Configure the database #
When configuring 3CX Agent Greetings, select an existing Microsoft SQL Server instance in your environment. The database server can be a remote SQL Server (How-to configure SQL server to permit remote connections (https://www.voiptools.com/configure-sql-server-for-remote-access-over-internet/)) or a local instance running on the VolPTools server.
- On the SQL Database window in the Server field, select the desired instance of SQL Server.
- To use SQL Authentication, uncheck the Trusted Connection checkbox.
- In the Username and Password fields, enter valid SQL login account credentials.
- We recommend you use SQL Authentication rather than Windows authentication. Many of our tools leverage a Call Flow Designer (CFD) application running on the 3CX. Frequently our CFD applications require access to a SQL database. If the 3CX server and the database server are not in an Active Directory domain, Windows authentication will fail.
- To use SQL Authentication, you must configure the SQL server to run in Mixed Mode. If you install SQL Server with our tools, we configure SQL in Mixed Mode.
- To use Windows Integrated Authentication (not recommended), check the Trusted Connection (Windows integrated authentication) checkbox.
In the Database field, the installer will automatically display the default database name. We encourage you to use the default name. To upgrade or reinstall 3CX Agent Greetings, select the current database name from the list.
- Click the Tool buttons to confirm connectivity to SQL Server. and click OK on the Test Results message box.
- Click the CFD buttons to confirm connectivity to SQL Server and click Ok on the Test Results message box.
Step 6: Installing 3CX Agent Greetings #
- Click Install in the Ready to Install window.
The application installation may take several minutes to complete.
- Check the Launch 3CX Agent Greetings checkbox and click Finish when the installation is complete.
Step 7: Register your software #
To ensure the authorization of your license key, it is necessary to complete the registration process. By registering with VoIPTools, you gain access to a range of benefits:
|Key Replacement Assistance||In the unfortunate event of a lost license key, registering with VoIPTools enables us to provide you with a replacement key promptly.|
|Product Updates and Reminders||By registering, you will receive timely notifications from VoIPTools regarding any product updates. Additionally, we will send reminders when your key is nearing its renewal date, ensuring uninterrupted access to our services.|
Follow the procedure to register your 3CX Agent Greetings application,
- Double-click the 3CX Agent Greetings desktop icon to open the web application.
- On the Login page enter your login with your credentials.
- On the top menu, click the License tab.
- Enter the license key in the License Key field and other mandatory information and click the Register button to complete your registration.
Web Portal #
To access the ‘3CX Agent Greeting’ web portal, click the Web Portal button on the configuration program, or click on the desktop icon that was created during the installation process (‘3CX Agent Greeting’ Web).
Login Page #
You will be asked to provide login credentials when connecting to the web portal.
- In the Extension field, enter your 3CX extension number.
- In the PIN field, enter your 3CX voicemail PIN.
- Click the Login button to log in to your account.
Settings tab #
The Agent Greeting Settings screen lets you design the Agent Greeting web application that best suits your organization’s theme.You can do the following in the Settings tab,
- Customize Application Title Header – Gradient Color
- Customize Grid Color
- Customize Logo
- Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ Text
Customize Application Title Header – Gradient Color #
- In the Header Colour section do the following,
- Select the top paint from the Top Colour color palette.
- Select the bottom paint from the Bottom Colour color palette.
- Click Apply to Save the settings.
Customize Grid Color #
- From the Grid Color palette, select the color that you want to display for the grid in screens that display grid data
- Click Save to save your settings.
Customize Logo #
- If you are uploading the logo for the first time then,
- In the Custom Logo section, click Chose File button to choose a logo from your device.
- Select the uploaded logo from the Select Logo dropdown list.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
- If your have uploaded the logo,
- Select the uploaded logo from the Select Logo dropdown list.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Customize ‘Header Title Prefix’ Text #
- In the Header Title field, enter the text that you want the application to display as a ‘prefix’ for the existing title in the application header.
- Click Save to save the header title prefix.
The final result of the page when you do all the customizations,
Agent Greetings tab #
The Agent Greetings tab lets you configure different greetings for your agents. You can upload, play, edit and delete your audio files.
Add New Agent Greeting #
- In the Agent Greeting Settings screen, in the Agent Greetings Maintenance in Queue form, and in the column header, click Add.
- From the Queue dropdown list which displays a list of all the queues in which the logged-in extension is present, select the desired queue so that when a customer’s call is in the selected queue, the logged-in agent will receive the call.
- Select the desired audio recording file from the Filename dropdown list to associate with the current audio recording.
- In the IVR field, enter the desired IVR number to which you want to receive the call.
- In the Active check box, check to activate or uncheck to inactivate the current Agent Greeting.
- At the footer of the Agent Greetings Settings page, click Save to save the new Agent Greeting.
Update Existing Agent Greeting #
- Select the desired Agent Greeting that you want to edit.
- Edit the desired fields as per your requirement.
- At the footer of the Agent Greeting Settings page, click Save to save the new Agent Greeting.
Delete Existing Agent Greeting #
- Select and click the Delete button beside the desired Agent Greeting that you want to delete.
- In the Delete Confirmation message box, click OK.
Create an Audio Recording File #
- In the Record column, click the Record link of any Agent Greeting.
- In the Description message box, and in the Enter recording name field, enter the desired name for the new audio recording file
- In the Description message box, click the Call my Extension button and then the logged-in agent gets the call.
- Receive the call, and once you hear the beep, speak out the desired voice message, followed by a # key. You will hear a message that the voice has been successfully recorded.
- Now, refresh/reload the Agent Greeting Settings page after you create the audio recording. The Filename dropdown list will now display the new audio recording that you have just created.
Play Audio Recording #
- Select the desired Agent Greeting whose audio record you want to play.
- Click Play to play the record.
- To download the audio recording, click the 3 dot menu and then click Download.
Delete Audio Recording #
- Select the desired Agent Greeting whose audio recording you want to delete.
- From the Delete column, click the Delete link and then click Save. You will observer that all the agent greeting records associated to the deleted audio recording file will now display the default audio recording file.
Need Support? #
Visit our website to access our online manuals and get quick answers to most of your inquiries. If you prefer direct contact, we offer various support channels, including phone, email, live chat, and our helpful VoIPTools forums.
24/7 Support Availability #
Rest assured, our dedicated team is here to assist you around the clock, every day of the year. Whether you’re based in the USA or India, we’re ready to provide prompt responses to your technical queries.
Windows Event Log for VoIPTools Applications and Services #
For troubleshooting any application errors, our Windows Event Log contains a comprehensive list of error messages, warnings, and informative notes related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. It’s a valuable resource to help you pinpoint and resolve any issues you may encounter.
Join Our Forum Community #
Looking to collaborate with other VoIPTools customers facing similar challenges? Our forum is the perfect platform to exchange ideas, solutions, and best practices. Join the conversation at: https://www.voiptools.com/community/
Report a Bug #
If you come across a potential bug in any of our VoIPTools products, we appreciate your help in improving our software. Simply report the issue to us at: https://www.voiptools.com/report-a-bug/ and we’ll address it promptly.
Real-Time Live Chat Assistance #
Got questions that need immediate answers? Our chat support team is available to assist you in real time. Just click on the Live Chat button located at the lower right corner of our website, and we’ll acknowledge your queries right away.
Efficient Email Support #
To ensure a thorough understanding of your concerns, feel free to email us at email@example.com. Describe your issue in detail, and we’ll get back to you within one business day with the support you need.
Reach Us by Phone #
If you prefer to speak with a representative directly, you can reach us at +1 801-642-4655. Our attentive team is available to take your calls from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
Free Support #
If you’ve purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, rest assured that they provide first-level support at no additional cost. Partners have access to 100% free technical assistance and actively participate in the troubleshooting process.
VoIPTools customers enjoy access to our online manuals and receive support through emails (with responses within one business day) and live chat. However, please note that we do not provide remote server login assistance.
Paid Support #
For a more hands-on experience, consider our “Installation Support” package. Our expert support team can log in to your servers, install and configure all our tools for you. This comprehensive service includes setting up SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if necessary. We’ll work closely with you to tailor our applications to best meet your specific requirements.
We’re committed to providing top-notch support to ensure your VoIPTools experience is smooth and hassle-free. Contact us today, and let us assist you in making the most of our powerful tools!