- Step By Step Installation Procedure
- Web Portal
- Agent Greeting Settings
When an agent answers a queue call, this tool automatically plays a pre-recorded message recorded by the specific agent answering the call. The message could be a simple introduction, or perhaps convey a mandated notification regarding recording of the call. This tool ensures that every call is presented with the mandated message and eliminates the need for the agent to say the same message over and over with each new call.
Before you begin with the installation steps mentioned in this guide, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below for installing 3CX Agent Greeting.
- 3CX Version V16 and V18 (Professional or Enterprise Version Only)
- Windows 10 or above / Windows Server 2012 or above
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or above (Including the free SQL Express edition)
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.0 or above
- .Net 4.7.2 or above
- When installing SQL Server, we recommend you install it in “Mixed Mode” to include SQL Authentication, and install SQL Management Studio
- When installing IIS, be sure to install Basic Authentication, .Net Extensibility, and ASP.Net 4.X
You can order 3CX Agent Greeting online at https://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.
There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing the 3CX Agent Greeting. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server
|Install 3CX Agent Greeting|
This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install 3CX Agent Greeting. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named Agent GreetingInstaller.exe
|Register your License Key|
You must register your license key to activate 3CX Agent Greeting. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.
Step By Step Installation Procedure #
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process.
Step 1: Download 3CX Agent Greetings #
You can find the software download link in the Order Confirmation Email, or you can find it in your order history on our website.
Step 2: Install the Prerequisites #
Click on the software installer downloaded in Step 1. The installation wizard will automatically identify the prerequisites and assist you with each installation required to 3CX Agent Greetings. It includes .NET Framework (Web Installer), SQL Server Express (Web Installer), and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Click the downloaded installer executable to launch the Prerequisites Setup Wizard and click Next.
Fig 1: Prerequisites setup wizard
- In the Prerequisites window, install all the required prerequisites identified by the installer, or select/ unselect the applications based on your requirements and click Next to continue.
Fig 2: Select the prerequistes
The installer will download and install the selected applications. It may take several minutes to complete.
Fig 3: Prerequistes installation on progress
- The Microsoft SQL Server License Terms page gets displayed if you install SQL Server Express. Click Accept to acknowledge the license terms and continue.
- In the Media Location field, browse to change the location and click Install to begin the installation of SQL Server Express.
- Click Close when you install the prerequisites.
Installation is in progress. It may take several minutes to complete the installation.
- Click Yes in the Confirmation Message Box to reboot the computer.
Step 3: Start the installation process #
- Click Next on the 3CX Agent Greetings Setup Wizard screen.
- On the Select Installation Folder window, the Folder field displays the path where the 3CX Agent Greetings gets installed. You cannot change the location path.
- Click Next to continue
Step 4: Test Relay Settings #
- In the 3CX Relay Services window, in the Relay Host field, enter the IP address or FQDN of your 3CX server.
- Enter 8801 in the Relay Port field.
- Enter the public key you took from VoIPTools Relay services in the Public Key text area.
- Click the Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Agent Greetings’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.
- If the ‘3CX Agent Greetings’ is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK. If the test fails, you will not be able to continue until communication with the relay is established.
Fig 11: Relay test success message box.
- Click Next to continue with the installation.
- You must set the Relay Port to 8801.
- If the test was unsuccessful:
- Confirm you have the correct firewall port open (default TCP 8801) on the 3CX server and the firewall protecting the 3CX server.
- Confirm that you have entered the correct IP address / FQDN for the 3CX server.
- Confirm that the 3CX Agent Greetings and Relay use the same port and protocol.
If the Relay test fails, you cannot continue the installation until you establish communication with the Relay.
Step 5: Configure the database #
When configuring 3CX Agent Greetings, select an existing Microsoft SQL Server instance in your environment. The database server can be a remote SQL Server (How-to configure SQL server to permit remote connections (https://www.voiptools.com/configure-sql-server-for-remote-access-over-internet/)) or a local instance running on the VolPTools server.
- On the SQL Database window in the Server field, select the desired instance of SQL Server.
- To use SQL Authentication, uncheck the Trusted Connection checkbox.
- In the Username and Password fields, enter valid SQL login account credentials.
- We recommend you use SQL Authentication rather than Windows authentication. Many of our tools leverage a Call Flow Designer (CFD) application running on the 3CX. Frequently our CFD applications require access to a SQL database. If the 3CX server and the database server are not in an Active Directory domain, Windows authentication will fail.
- To use SQL Authentication, you must configure the SQL server to run in Mixed Mode. If you install SQL Server with our tools, we configure SQL in Mixed Mode.
- To use Windows Integrated Authentication (not recommended), check the Trusted Connection (Windows integrated authentication) checkbox.
In the Database field, the installer will automatically display the default database name. We encourage you to use the default name. To upgrade or reinstall 3CX Agent Greetings, select the current database name from the list.
- Click the Tool buttons to confirm connectivity to SQL Server. and click OK on the Test Results message box.
- Click the CFD buttons to confirm connectivity to SQL Server and click Ok on the Test Results message box.
- Click OK on the Test Results dialogue box.
Step 6: Installing 3CX Agent Greetings #
- Click Install in the Ready to Install window.
The application installation may take several minutes to complete.
- Check the Launch 3CX Agent Greetings checkbox and click Finish when the installation is complete.
Web Portal #
To access the ‘3CX Agent Greeting’ web portal, click the Web Portal button on the configuration program, or click on the desktop icon that was created during the installation process (‘3CX Agent Greeting’ Web).
You will be asked to provide login credentials when connecting to the web portal.
- In the Extension field, enter your 3CX extension number.
- In the PIN field, enter your 3CX voicemail PIN.
- Click Login button to login to your account.
Registration is required to authorize your software. Registering also makes it possible for VoIPTools to provide a replacement key if your license key is ever lost. Also, it enables VoIPTools to notify you of any product updates.
- Log in to the ‘3CX Agent Greeting’ web portal and then click License tab.
- Enter your registration information in all the fields (Note that the red dot denotes a required field).
- Click Register.
Agent Greeting Settings #
The Agent Greeting Settings screen enables you to create a new Agent Greeting record, edit/ delete/activate/inactivate an existing record, create new audio recording file and play existing audio recording file.
Add New Agent Greeting #
- In the Agent Greeting Settings screen, in the Agent Greetings Maintenance in Queue form, and in the column header, click Add.
- From the Queue dropdown list which displays a list of all the queues in which the logged-in extension is present, select the desired queue so that when a customer’s call is in the selected queue, the logged-in agent will receive the call.
- From the Filename dropdown list, select the desired audio recording file that you want to associate to the current audio recording.
- In the IVR field, enter the desired IVR number to which you want to receive the call.
- In the Active check box, check to activate or uncheck to inactivate current Agent Greeting.
- At the footer of the Agent Greetings Settings page, click Save to save the new Agent Greeting.
Update Existing Agent Greeting #
- Select the desired Agent Greeting that you want to edit.
- Edit the desired fields as per your requirement.
- At the footer of the Agent Greeting Settings page, click Save to save the new Agent Greeting.
Delete Existing Agent Greeting #
- Select and click the Delete button beside the desired Agent Greeting that you want to delete.
- In the Delete Confirmation message box, click OK.
Create an Audio Recording File #
- In the Record column, click the Record link of any Agent Greeting.
- In the Description message box, and in the Enter recording name field, enter the desired name for the new audio recording file
- In the Description message box, click the Call my Extension button and then the logged-in agent gets the call.
- Receive the call, and once you hear the beep, speak out the desired voice message, followed by a # key. You will hear a message that the voice has been successfully recorded.
- Now, refresh/reload the Agent Greeting Settings page after you create the audio recording. The Filename dropdown list will now display the new audio recording that you have just created.
Play Audio Recording #
- Select the desired Agent Greeting whose audio record you want to play.
- Click Play to play the record.
- To download the audio recording, click the 3 dot menu and then click Download.
Delete Audio Recording #
- Select the desired Agent Greeting whose audio recording you want to delete.
- From the Delete column, click the Delete link and then click Save. You will observer that all the agent greeting records associated to the deleted audio recording file will now display the default audio recording file.
Visit our website to access our on-line manuals and receive quick answers to most of your questions. Otherwise, you can contact us by phone, email, live chat and on the VoIPTools forums.
Support Hours (USA and India) #
Our team is ready to assist you with answers to your technical questions and we now offer 24/7, 365 days a year.
Windows Event Log (Applications and Services VoIPTools) #
The Windows Event Log lists various errors, information messages and warnings related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. The data here can be used for troubleshooting various application errors.
Our forum is intended for VoIPTools customers to collaborate on real-life challenges, solutions and best practices. You can participate on our forum at: https://www.voiptools.com/community/
Submit a Bug #
If you suspect a bug in any of our VoIPTools products, you can bring it to our notice by reporting your issue at: https://www.voiptools.com/report-a-bug/
Live Chat #
Our chat support team is ready to acknowledge your queries in real-time. You can start a live chat with us by simply clicking on the Live Chat button at the lower right corner of our web page.
You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to describe your issue in detail. We’ll get back to you within one business day of receiving your request.
You can call us at +1 801-642-4655 to reach a representative. VoIPTools will accept calls at this number from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
Support Services #
Free Support: #
If you purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, your Partner will provide first level support. Partners have access to 100% free technical support, provided they participate actively in the troubleshooting process.
VoIPTools customers have access to our on-line manuals and we will respond to emails (next business day) and live chat, but we will not login to your servers remotely.
Paid Support: #
If you purchase “Installation Support’ our support team can login to your servers and install and configure all our tools for you. This includes installing SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if required. Our team will work with you to configure our applications to best meet your needs.