Today, even small business owners are empowering themselves with call recording systems. Hence, it is critical that you use a beep tone generator in your recorded phone calls if you want to keep yourselves away from legal compliance and be courteous to your customers. VoIPTools is now ready with 3CX Recording Beep that inserts an audible beep into your recording phone calls to initially alert and then prompts the call participants at regular intervals that the phone call is being recorded. This ensures that the callers are aware of the ongoing call recording. It also contains legal requirements for phone recording in some of the U.S. states and other countries.
What’s new? #
- Activate multiple IVRs at a time.
- Upload WAV files to alert the callers instead of boring beeps.
- Know the name of the Digital Receptionist for the extension selected.
Settings tab #
The Settings tab lets you configure the Recording Beep. The following table gives information on the field definitions and their purpose.
|Group Name||Indicates the names of the groups|
|Inbound||Select the Inbound box to play the audio only in the Inbound calls for the desired Groups.|
|Outbound||Select the Outbound box to play the audio only in the outbound calls for the desired Groups.|
|Queue||Select this box to play the audio only during queue calls.|
|Play Once||Select this box to play the audio files only once during a call.|
|Frequency||Enter the number of times the audio should play in a call.|
|Initial Delay||Enter the delay time (in seconds)|
|Extension||Extension number of the Digital Receptionist|
|Digital Receptionist||Name of the Digital Receptionists|
You can select multiple Digital Receptionists for a call. For a call received the first activated Digital Receptionist plays the audio.
Upload audio files #
Follow the steps to upload audio files to the digital receptionists,
- In the 3CX Phone System Management Console in the left side panel, select the Digital Receptionists menu.
- Click the desired Digital Receptionist.
- In the General section,
- Click the Add icon to add a new audio file.
- Click the Record icon to record a new audio file.
- Scroll up and click OK to save the settings.